The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Swap, Part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9!'clipseDOHC

Aug 24, 2003
El Paso, Texas
It's out!
View attachment 2015
First off, those axle nuts are a pain in the butt! However it wasn't anything a 4' pipe on a 1/2" drive breaker bar couldn't fix. :thumb: I pulled out the axles, it got a little messy becasue I forgot to drain the transmission fluid :banghead: Sucks because that was my BG syncroshift 2 fluid. Looks like I'll be trying Pennzoil Syncromesh this time around.

p4290159.jpg

View attachment 2017
It came out without any other issues, smooth as butter.

View attachment 2018
I pulled my turbo transmission off my non-turbo engine and got it cleaned up pretty good.

View attachment 2016
My ACT 2100 clutch and Fidanza aluminum flywheel came off next. I cleaned them up and they are ready to go on the turbo engine now.

View attachment 2019
Cleaned up the engine bay as much as I cared to. It's just waiting on the turbo engine now.

I went by the shop yesterday and they had the balance shafts eliminated, the ACL race bearing and 6 bolt crankshaft installed in the block with the ARP studs. The Wiseco pistons were mounted on the 6 bolt rods but weren't in the block yet. I'm hoping to be able to pick it up in the next few hours. Then I'll clean out the head, put it all together, and drop it in. Waiting is the hard part :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back