The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1999 Mitsubishi GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well guys, I think i have a boost leak or a blown turbo. also my throttle body is bad. one day i was just doing a small 2 gear pull and then i noticed a severe power decrease. the turbo sounds like it’s making a whining noise. so i’m gonna either have to rebuild the turbo or replace it if it’s a blown turbo.

Added blue LED lights to the gauges. Don’t know how I feel about them. Stick with orange or go white?

IMG_8141.jpeg

Decided on which turbo I'm going to upgrade. Finally got the necessary parts for the upgrade path.

Got a 255lph Walbro fuel pump, AFPR, ECMlink V3, 20G Billet Turbo, and am in the process of getting some bigger injectors of about 1200cc hi z. Car is now straight piped, and my T25 turbo is whining like crazy!! I am sure the turbo is going out... but the new one is coming soon so it doesn't matter. :)

Plan on making 300-400hp on this build...

Have to find a good tuner also in the SOCAL region... considering RRE or getting a remote tune.

Just ordered my 1200 cc FIC Hi z injectors, resistor pack, and CXracing FMIC. I am just waiting on my turbo that is being built by Justin Whitesell. Can't wait to install all the parts and see what my GSX is capable of. Thankful for all the information that is here and all the people who have helped me along the way.

I have an innovate wide band gauge that I got from one of the forum members here. I don't have a MAP sensor. What is that? Where do I get that?
This is what I have installed so far:
-Downpipe
-1G BOV
-Injen intake
-HKS catback exhaust
-Glowshift boost, a/f gauge, and oil pressure gauge.

Things that need to be installed that I have:
-20G turbo
-ECMlink v3
-Boost controller
-1200 hi z injectors
-AFPR with fuel pressure gauge
-255 Walbro HP pump
- CXracing intercooler

I am hoping to install everything soon. Just waiting on my turbo that should be arriving I believe in the next week.

Last edited:
IMG_9395.jpeg

Got my car straight piped. I painted the door handles as well only for my girlfriend to end up breaking the passenger side 😞. Might have to get some Billet handles to avoid having that problem ever again.

Currently in the process of installing my 20G turbo and my FMIC. The CXracing FMIC doesn’t allow for the crash bar, but we’re trying to create a custom fit that will be able to use the factory crash bar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 4
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back