The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Swap, Part 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9!'clipseDOHC

Aug 24, 2003
El Paso, Texas
Ok all the preparation time has paid off, its time for the swap!

View attachment 1989
The last picture of my beautiful non-turbo setup. Its been good to me but, I got a need... A need for speed. (Sorry, I had to throw that in here)

View attachment 1990
I spent most of yesterday and today getting my car ready. The only thing left holding the non-turbo engine in are three motor mounts and the two axles. Everything else has been removed or disconnected.

P4280153.jpg

I removed the non-turbo ECU and wiring harness and installed my turbo ECU and rerouted turbo wire harness.

View attachment 1991
I also installed my AEM UEGO wideband o2 gauge.

View attachment 1993
I am 95% done with my fuel pump rewire (I had to make a auto parts store run and will finish it up tomorrow). I got the idea on the waterproofing from this article, FWD Pump Rewire, from plymouthlaser.com.

P4280148.jpg

I modified the driver's side motor mount so I can mount my coil pack on it. I got the idea from this tech article: 1G coil relocation

One of my friends is dropping off an engine hoist later tonight.

My turbo engine is back from the machine shop. It should have the new rotating assembly installed by tonight and I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow. I plan to spend most of tomorrow mounting the head to the block, installing all of the timing components, water pump, intake manifold assembly, exhaust manifold/turbo assembly, fuel rail/injectors, and thermostat. Everything that bolts on.

Then on Friday, if everything goes to plan, I am planning to pull the non-turbo engine out and drop the turbo one in.

View attachment 1992
Everything is falling in to place. There will be more to come in the next few days. Wish me luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back