The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Need help with Evo III 16g turbo setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'd Up Steve

Proven Member
Nov 16, 2021
SANTA ANA, California
Hello guys I am getting ready to order the last parts I need to get started on my 99 GSX turbo upgrade.

For reference this is what I have done already.
-Boost Gauge, A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge
-HKS catback exhaust
- 1g BOV
- Injen intake
- Boost Control Solenoid delete.

Parts I am planning on getting and things I plan on doing.
-Evo III 16g turbo and install kit from extreme PSI
- CX racing downpipe.
-Plan on straightpiping.
- Boost controller.

Parts I need help with ordering.
FMIC intercooler:
I don't know what size to get for an evo III 16g turbo and also what brand do you guys recommend? What will be most compatible with my evoIII 16g turbo setup?

Tuning software:
How do I figure out which one to get for my 99 GSX? I have heard about ECMlink but when I go to check the compatibility, it says its only up to 98.

Fuel pump:
What size do I need? I plan to get to 350-400hp with my setup.

Let me know if I need anything else.

Thank you guys

my recommendations:

treadstone TR1035 intercooler
use the factory blackbox ecu, but if youre more comfortable with dsmlink get dsmlink and yes it will work on a 99 eclipse
fuelpump would be like a 450 walbro, youll need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and gauge

my recommendations:

treadstone TR1035 intercooler
use the factory blackbox ecu, but if youre more comfortable with dsmlink get dsmlink and yes it will work on a 99 eclipse
fuelpump would be like a 450 walbro, youll need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and gauge
Ok. Do you have a link the the exact intercooler you are speaking about? I would appreciate it. I want to make sure that if I get that intercooler, I get the exact one I need.

Where would I get the piping as well for the intercooler?

Hello guys I am getting ready to order the last parts I need to get started on my 99 GSX turbo upgrade.

For reference this is what I have done already.
-Boost Gauge, A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge
-HKS catback exhaust
- 1g BOV
- Injen intake
- Boost Control Solenoid delete.

Parts I am planning on getting and things I plan on doing.
-Evo III 16g turbo and install kit from extreme PSI
- CX racing downpipe.
-Plan on straightpiping.
- Boost controller.

Parts I need help with ordering.
FMIC intercooler:
I don't know what size to get for an evo III 16g turbo and also what brand do you guys recommend? What will be most compatible with my evoIII 16g turbo setup?
Fmic is one of those things that larger has few downsides. The issues will be packaging and whether or not that affects engine cooling. Cost. And whatever compromises come with running an fmic. I chose an ets street unit as I didn't want to cut my crashbar.
Tuning software:
How do I figure out which one to get for my 99 GSX? I have heard about ECMlink but when I go to check the compatibility, it says its only up to 98.

Fuel pump:
What size do I need? I plan to get to 350-400hp with crash bar.
A fuel pump is similar to fmic. Bigger isn't usually a problem if you have a regulator that bypasses enough. I wouldn't go any smaller than 255. You may ready you can do a 190 and not have to run an aftermarket fpr. True but I prefer to have more than enough fuel than "just enough". Don't compromise if you can avoid it.
Let me know if I need anything else.

Thank you guys

You likely will need to dodge garage mod the 1g bov to stay shut for the pressure you'll need out of that 16g to produce 400hp. It still isn't a guarantee either.

Besides AFPR I don’t think anyone mentioned larger injectors. I am going to run 1000cc with my 16g, but using ECMlink. Search will tell you all about what sizes to use.

You probably have a 99 “Blackbox” ecu that can be reflashed. (Or retuned)

Fmic is one of those things that larger has few downsides. The issues will be packaging and whether or not that affects engine cooling. Cost. And whatever compromises come with running an fmic. I chose an ets street unit as I didn't want to cut my crashbar.

A fuel pump is similar to fmic. Bigger isn't usually a problem if you have a regulator that bypasses enough. I wouldn't go any smaller than 255. You may ready you can do a 190 and not have to run an aftermarket fpr. True but I prefer to have more than enough fuel than "just enough". Don't compromise if you can avoid it.
I am just torn on what intercooler to get. I want to keep my crashbar and foglights.

I am looking at this one at the moment with 3 inch core thickness and because I can keep my crashbar.

I am also looking at the one Pjj recommended.

Just don't know which one would work best for my goals.

Goal is to have a fast spool up time and do hard pulls often in the street

You likely will need to dodge garage mod the 1g bov to stay shut for the pressure you'll need out of that 16g to produce 400hp. It still isn't a guarantee either.
Dodge garage mod? Never heard of that. I'll look into it

Besides AFPR I don’t think anyone mentioned larger injectors. I am going to run 1000cc with my 16g, but using ECMlink. Search will tell you all about what sizes to use.

You probably have a 99 “Blackbox” ecu that can be reflashed. (Or retuned)
What AFPR is recommended for a build setup like mine?

If I have the blackbox do I need to get ECMlink?

I am just torn on what intercooler to get. I want to keep my crashbar and foglights.

I am looking at this one at the moment with 3 inch core thickness and because I can keep my crashbar.

I am also looking at the one Pjj recommended.

Just don't know which one would work best for my goals.

Goal is to have a fast spool up time and do hard pulls often in the street
i run the treadstone tr1045 in my car which is the 4.5" one which is a lot larger but it keeps the iats super cool. you would want the 1035 which is 3.5", for injectors grab a set of FIC 1200cc high z and youll be golden

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back