The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Forced Four 100.1 shift box install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow1ga

Probationary Member
Oct 15, 2021
Paso Robles, California
I am no longer using the factory TCU. Almost all the information is referenced from Forced Four’s website. I decided to do a write up that was a little more straight forward and accurate to the 2g. This is just a basic set up that worked for me. If I end up finding anything wrong or changing anything major I will update the thread. If anyone sees any mistakes please let me know or if you have anything to add please do.

8 pin connector from 100.1 shift box to 26 pin TCU connector

-Yellow wire to Solenoid A pin 12 (Grey wire)

-White w/ Black stripe- unused in my car

-Brown wire to shift Solenoid B pin 25 (Orange wire)

-Black wire to Chassis Ground

-Green wire goes to Lockup Solenoid pin 13 (Red Wire)

-Red wires (power wires)-wire both power wires to both TCU power wires pin 2 & 15- (Blue w/ Red stripe)

-Blue wire to Pressure Control Solenoid pin 26 (Blue w/ Yellow stripe)

10 pin connector from 100.1 shift box to 16 pin TCU connector

-Green wire to Throttle Position Sensor pin 19 (Brown w/ red stripe ON 26 PIN TCU CONNECTOR)

-White w/ Green stripe- unused in my car

-Purple Wire to Up-shift wire (Blue on Evo X paddles)

-White w/ Purple stripe to Down-shift wire (Yellow on Evo X paddles)

-Grey wire to brake switch -unused in my car

-White w/ Grey stripe- toggle switch (Auto/Manual Mode)- unused in my car

-White w/ Blue stripe to Overdrive Off Switch Pin 2 (Red w/ Yellow stripe)

-White w/ Black stripe- unused in my car

-Pink wire to Speed signal pin 15(Yellow w/ White stripe)

-White wire to Engine RPM pin 9 (White wire)

From Evo X paddles
-Ground the Green wire on Evo X paddles

Check your wires if you are using Evo X paddle shifters to verify your up/down shift wires & your ground wire. The wire that goes to both up/down shift wires gets grounded.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Not Evo padels but push buttons.

This is how I got it mounted up. Not the way I want it but it works for now. I had to cut up and shave the Evo paddles a good bit to fit inside the factory steering column. They line up almost perfectly to fit the 2g, but I’m unsure how it fits in the 1g.

Not Evo padels but push buttons.

I have thought about doing something like this but I really dont want curly cords. For now I have 3d printed a button box that goes where the coin holder is beside the eco button. It works but I'd rather paddles.

The cords can and do get tangled in the column.

Hey did you splice into the wires and used butt connects I'm guessing? Do you have pics of the other wires you were mentioning?

Yes I just cut and spliced them in and used butt connectors. Unfortunately, I don’t have any other pictures. What wires are you referring to?

1 plug is for the power and ground for the unit.
1 plug is for all of the inputs that you need, VSS, RPM, TPS.
1 plug is for outputs to the solenoids in the transmission.
It's just a lot of wires and all of the needed ones are in a auto car already. In a stick car converted to auto, you will have to run your own. It looks intimidating, but it's just 1 wire at a time and not hard. :thumb:

All wires in general. The install looks a bit intimidating LOL
Intimidating for sure but actually pretty simple and straight forward once you get into it. As long as you follow my initial post with the pin number/color wires you’ll be alright. Take your time, check twice and cut once.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back