The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Coolant overflow question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badgoose

5+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2016
Leitchfield, Kentucky
I’m pretty sure I know the question but I have a coolant tank coming in and I’m curious about the hoses that is still in the car. Ok so the longer one on the bottom of the cap goes into the tank but the one on the left I believe is just in case the overflow tank over fills and allows it to spew out of the tank. Am I correct??
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Rule #1 of dsming is not trusting a single thing you were told from the PO.

I’d verify the timing is correct. After I would compression test it before worrying about vacuum lines or the missing serpentine belt TBH.

-Daniel

Rule #1 of dsming is not trusting a single thing you were told from the PO.

I’d verify the timing is correct. After I would compression test it before worrying about vacuum lines or the missing serpentine belt TBH.

-Daniel
Agreed, luckily timing and engine sounds super healthy. The harmonic balancer is the only thing that may need replacement sooner then later

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back