The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G EVO IM sparkplug wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Just curious for anyone that has a 2g and running an evo3 intake manifold. What wires (mainly length not brand) did you go with when mounting the ignition coils using the evo3 factory location on top.

I know 2gs are a bit longer so would the 1g wires be the best choice for length if the coils get mounted on top? I’ve got a BF evo 3 bracket coming but just trying to decide what would be the cleanest, planning on running a cover over them so would need to use the Chanel for the wires and not go over the top.

Thank you

1g is longer NOT shorter then 2g, i use 1g myself as i run the wires under the IM.

You could order Evo 3 spec wires and stay the same location but alot remove the mount as its vertical and was known to trap water/moisture in facing up.

Evo and 2G wont be far apart length wise

Oh good to know. Do you have a photo of how yours sit?

If I have coils from a 95-99 would the evo 3 wires fit?
Not sure if i got pics of it greatly shown. I shall look later on though.

If you have it in the stock evo 3 location the 2g wires will be plenty long enough

Coming from a guy with an Evo 1, what’s wrong with the OEM Evo way of doing things? It will look clean and there are kits available.

If I have coils from a 95-99 would the evo 3 wires fit?
It's not about the coils, it's about what intake manifold and coil bracket you use.
If you meant that 2g stock coil location on 2g stock intake manifold, a bit short but yes the early EVO wires would fit. It would be like the 1st pic below. The 2nd pic is with EVO 1-3 intake manifold w/EVO 1-3 coils.
The pics show Nagai-Denshi spark plug wires. The part number is 2557-10 for Red and 2557-20 for Yellow.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I use the rtm coil bracket with 2g wires. But plan to relocate to stock evo1-3 or move to under manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back