The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Fuel pump stays on in the on position

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseKING

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2020
North York, ON_Canada
Hi! I’m new to the forum so be gentle LOL
I have a 2g eclipse that’s a 4g64 block with 63 head. I install a new 190walbro fuel pump and it was working fine then all of a sudden the pump just wouldn’t shut off in the on position. I have changed the relays as one of them was not good. If anyone has any idea let me know!

Could there be a short somewhere? Also could be bad ignition switch
So I was running on only 2 cylinders for a while I found a short for the ignition module I had replaced it cause I got a good deal on it. I also have tried spare ecus with no luck. I have a rewire kit on but the pump was working normal then one day it just stayed on.

Last edited:
On the Spyder 4G64 you have two fuel pump relays. One of them is by the driver’s knee in the console. Check it and see if it shorted.

Here’s an article that will help you locate the relay and decide what you want to do:

I recently just replace it. I replaced it cause I know it was a common issue so when I did the fuel pump I also changed that. It was working fine then just started staying on.

I recently just replace it. I replaced it cause I know it was a common issue so when I did the fuel pump I also changed that. It was working fine then just started staying on.

That relay provides a ground for the fuel pump so check and see if your fuel pump is getting a ground when the ignition switch is off. If so, the new relay is also bad. If not, your fuel pump is getting grounding somewhere else. Maybe the pump’s ground wire got nicked during the pump installation and is grounding at or near the tank. A volt meter is going to be the best tool to chase your problem down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back