The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

300whp turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94exa2

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2010
Atlantic Beach, North_Carolina
Hey guys I am looking for info as to which snail best fits my needs. Right now Im on the stock t25 and love the low end/fast boost, but wanting to up the hp.

My goal for now is just 300whp on stock 4g63t (untill I build a block on the side for up to 400whp which will be a looonnnggg time from now).

Which turbo would you guys recomend for 300whp and quick spool up?
I've read that the fp bigt28 spools almost as quickly as the stock t25, but will a stock block and fpbigt28 be able to break the 300whp mark? If not, please recomend a quick spooling turbo that can break the 300whp mark.

Also, what is the max safe limit of boost (fpbt28/b16g etc) on a stock 4g63t block running 93 octane and a good tune?

I would just go with an evoIII 16g. Your stock block will handle a t28 or 16g no problem AS LONG as you have supporting mods.

Small 16G. [/discussion]

Spools quicker than a Evo III, flows more than a 14B, can be had cheaper than a T28.

not to thread jack but what would be ideal supporting mods for a small 16g in order to reach 300? fuel pump 190 or evo would cut it i'm sure, intake filter, upgraded bov, maybe an intercooler upgrade and suspension mods? i already have a lightweight flywheel/upgraded clutch

Small 16gs are awesome. Any 16g for that matter. I miss my old white 1g, was around 330hp/340tq (long time ago so the numbers escape me). Was such a simple setup hks 264's, 660cc injectors (ran BP 93), 2g MAF, fmic, wally, and a safc to tune. Prob would have been more fun with a better tune on link.

not to thread jack but what would be ideal supporting mods for a small 16g in order to reach 300? fuel pump 190 or evo would cut it i'm sure, intake filter, upgraded bov, maybe an intercooler upgrade and suspension mods? i already have a lightweight flywheel/upgraded clutch

wally 190 pump 100 bucks...550 injectors 100 bucks...vrsf fmic on sale right now for 290 shipped...14b turbo 100 bucks... and you can get away with an afc but i would go with dsmlink because you can use launch control, and you can play with the timing and get an overall better tune with it but for very cheap you can make 300whp safely with a good tune :thumb:

The small 16g is really able to break the 300whp mark? I figured I would need the big16g or something bigger like that.

How quickly would a small16g spool in comparison to the stock t25? fpbt28?

What would be about max whp for the fp big t28?

The small 16g is really able to break the 300whp mark? I figured I would need the big16g or something bigger like that.

How quickly would a small16g spool in comparison to the stock t25? fpbt28?

What would be about max whp for the fp big t28?

The 14B can break 300whp.

The Small 16G will spool marginally later than a 14B.

i had a fp big t28 on my talon, i was very happy with the spool up was a great little turbo, easy to bolt on ,and every one thinks its just a little t25, a small 16g can be picked up cheeper tho and will meet your goals .good luck! :thumb:

I have a hahn racecraft s16g... it tits man its instant power on demand and can easily push upper 300's, I get full boost 2800-3000 rpms. You wont be disappointed

A rewired wally 190 and 550's are enough to break the 300whp mark with a fp big28?

im running wally 255 with 450cc injectors

300 wheel horse is far too much for the stock 450 injectors. The dyno graph in my profile was done with a wally 255 and an afpr with stock injectors.. 297 whp and I was seeing 120% injector duty cycles and no tuning solution.

I would suggest at least 650s and a 255 pump. An AFC could be ok for a bit, and any of the 16g's or a 14b will get you there and spool relatively the same.

Why are you thinking you want to build an engine before going for 400hp? Seems like somewhat of a waste of money.

I just think a 300awhp stock 4g63t would be enough to keep me happy while a build a 2.3l on the side, then turn the boost up and hope for 400+awhp.

So a rewired 190 wally and 550's wouldn't be enough to break the 300whp mark?

Attachments

• 14b.jpg
    14b.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 278
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back