The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Will this be enough for 300whp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road-Rocket

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2003
Escondido, California
My car has 80k miles and it's an automatic. Assuming there are no boost, vacuum, or exhaust leaks, and the engine is healthy, will I be able to meet my goal of 300whp on 91 octane with the following setup?

Ported Evo3 16G
DSMLink
Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband
Denso 720cc injectors
Walbro 190lph fuel pump
Injen intake setup for cold air
JRC fmic
2.25 I/C hard pipes
Greddy Type S bov
Ported SBR exhaust manifold
2.5" SS tubular o2 housing recirculated
3" MR Downpipe
3" Hi Flow cat converter
3" Tanabe SRM catback
Boost & A/F gauges

I have everything mentioned above, except the zeitronix unit which I'll be getting within the next couple of weeks. I'm in the process of installing my fmic. I'm just waiting for my dejon j pipe to get here. Also, my injectors haven't arrived yet and dsmlink and fuel pump have not been installed yet. But when I'm done and I have everything working properly, hopefully I'll get the car tuned somewhere. I'm just curious if that'll be enough for my goals. This hobby is starting to get pretty expensive and I'm just hoping I don't have to get any more parts to get to where I want to be.

Another question, most of the local tuner shops here use the safc, haltec, ams ems to tune customer cars. If they've never used dsmlink before, will they be able to dyno tune my car?

A wideband+dsmlink pretty much eliminates the need to "dyno tune"

You should be able to break 300whp no problem, even on that piss water.

I sure hope so. I still don't know how to tune. That's why I wanted to have someone else do the tuning for me. I'm currently trying to read as much as I can on the link forums. I'm probably going to buy a book or something, read a lot, and ask lots of questions. In the mean time, when my setup is all installed and ready to go. I'll just run 15psi until I can tune the thing. I don't want to damage the engine.

Because I was getting low on funds. While a 255 would have been a better choice, it would have required me to spend more money on a afpr set up. Also, I really wanted to get the denso injectors and it seems that it doesn't matter what size they are, the price is still almost the same. So I just went with the bigger ones. Besides, I think the 190 pump should be enough to reach my goals, hopefully. I don't plan on going bigger on the turbo on this car. I most likely will get a gsx in a couple of years and go with a different setup.

it doesn't make sense to me to have 720cc injectors. i have 680's and thats plenty you have to lean it out quite a bit. im not a incredible tuner or anything but if you have to lean it out say 25-30%, that gives you almost the same you could add back in more boost applications. and for 300whp crazy boost isn't needed. i may be wrong but thats just my two cents. goodluck with tuning that fuel setup.

I knew 720s were a bit more than I needed, but with dsmlink might as well go for the bigger ones. As stated before the price difference between the 660 and the 720 was about $15.00 so I asked my self, why not? I don't know how to tune at all. Most likely I will have my car tuned by someone else. But we'll see. I still have to install the injectors, dsmlink, and fuelpump, as well as multiple boost leaks to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back