The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2G No power to PTU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
Replaced engine and then was only running on 2 cylinders on first start. Trying to diagnose and now for some reason, no power to the PTU at all. PTU has been tested and is good. Just no power going to it. Checked fuses under the hood. Fuel goes to the rail though so assuming MPI isn't the issue.

Where does the power wire go to on the other side of the harness so I can check for continuity? Thanks!

Solution
The one wire that got replaced due to being a bit too toasty in an engine fire a few years ago fixed my issue. Just have to button everything up now. Shew!!!

Guess this post can be closed up now. Thanks y'all.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Yeah, everything else is getting power. But not sure if the noid light isn't flashing when I spin the cas housing because it needs the crank as well.

I guess if I put it all back together again and it doesn't work, it's back to the drawing board. 🤞

The one wire that got replaced due to being a bit too toasty in an engine fire a few years ago fixed my issue. Just have to button everything up now. Shew!!!

Guess this post can be closed up now. Thanks y'all.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back