The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A No power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnychance

Proven Member
Jul 2, 2017
Cashmere, Washington
The last few weeks my car (98 eclipse gs stock) has had the battery light on Intermittently. It finally died last week when I got home. I hooked up the jump pack and tried jumping it, it lost all power immediately. I figured it was the alternator so I changed it but it's still doing it. Ive tested all the fuses and they're good, checked the grounds and wires to the starter.
I got the battery tested it's good. Also when I try to jump it the door jam light flickers on and off like crazy only when. The car door is closed not open.

Did you test the 120amp fuse (from the alt). Also when you get it running what is the voltage at the battery?
The one in the engine bay fuse box? I saw it this morning not sure how to test it, it won't even come out LOL and before I swapped the alts was when I last had it running and it was at 13v I believe

That fuse bolts in. Examine closer.
Just read that
Yes the one in the engine bay fuse box. If bad, your battery won't get charged even if your alt is good. Nominal voltage at the battery when engine running and alt properly charging should be around 14.4 volts.
Fuse is good

Did you actually test the fuse, not just look at it? Either remove and check that there's continuity across it with a meter, or with still in place you can measure the voltage across it which should be zero if it's good (note there's still voltage from either side to ground however).

Did you actually test the fuse, not just look at it? Either remove and check that there's continuity across it with a meter, or with still in place you can measure the voltage across it which should be zero if it's good (note there's still voltage from either side to ground however).
Yeah I unscrewed the bolts and tested for continuity

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back