The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Is this a 7 bolt 4g63t crankshaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al637

Proven Member
Oct 17, 2023
Central_America
I've been searching for a 7 bolt crankshaft and someone posted this one on marketplace, but the damper section seems odd to me, it seems to have a groove for an oil pump I think.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Definitely is not for our cars. Way too long in the snout. There should only be 2 "step" downs after the front main bearing journal and there's 3. The step after the main journal should be round and as you noted it has flats for an oil pump drive or something. It does have 7 bolts..... so I mean it's a 7 bolt crankshaft but not something that's going to fit our cars.

People know these cars and their parts are valuable so you got to be careful buying stuff more than usual. Sellers always want their stuff to be as valuable as possible and will call it what they wish it was. Not what it actually is

Ask the seller for the micrometer spec of the journals. If you get NO REPLY, move on. If YOU DO get a reply, post up what they are just so we can reassure you on it. I am sure @97egl know his stuff, I am not normally a 7 bolt builder so I can't say yay or nay.
Thanks @97egl !!!

6 bolt crank:

7 Bolt crank (but a Manley Knife Edge):

Thanks everyone, I knew it was different by looking at the damper side, but a second opinion is always good. I will ask the seller the measurements, maybe it's that 4d56 crankshaft!

Thanks everyone, I knew it was different by looking at the damper side, but a second opinion is always good. I will ask the seller the measurements, maybe it's that 4d56 crankshaft!
That's a 4g9 series crankshaft. Not a 4g6 or 4D. You can't even mount a 4g63 flywheel unless modifying the flange.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back