The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Altered Mental Status(1G AWD 5spd)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out of the box new I typically see 0.606-0.610", his measured 0.608" at all steps and across the friction plane.

Just for giggles though, what’s the symptoms of a clutch fork adjusted too far to the drivers side/an over-engaging clutch system?

Also: God I'm so lazy. I would totally pay someone to come pull my damn transmission for me, if there was someone local and willing. ROFL

Last edited:
Just pace yourself, I took 5 weeks on my pedal assembly, just doing a little at a time.

For some reason I legit never thought of this. Doing it piecemeal over a period of time…mind blown. Gonna actually do that.

Sounds sarcastic but I mean it. 100% gonna do that.

That has probably happened to most of us. Maybe not to the extent of 5 years, but something that should have taken 2 weekends has now taken 2 years and we're left wondering if the gas is any good.

Jacked the car up and promptly got distracted.

First up was this.

Just a quick blip of the throttle. No transmission noise, yay! There's still some gremlins, but eh. One step at a time.

After I got it jacked up, I got sick of the mismatched door cards for the door panels. So I popped them off(and used the missing bracket I got for free from an awesome member here so I could properly tighten the door panel screws), and replaced the little door card with the black leather ones I have laying around.

IMG_5812.jpeg

IMG_5813.jpeg

It's not perfect...but it looks so much better than before, and the door panel is nice and tight. Now the other side.

IMG_5816.jpeg

Pardon the mess on the floor, but this side was a huge improvement. The handle part of the door panel was loose and not bolted in, so I took care of that after I swapped the door cards. Now it's super tight and firm, no rattles. Love it!

Here's the little door cards I removed.

IMG_5817.jpeg

Bleh. They're not in bad shape, they're just mismatched and it always bugged me. So much better now.

Also, the last thing I did was pulled the little door switch on the bottom of the door frame, to see if the harness was still connected. When I did, I found this on both sides.
IMG_5814.jpeg

IMG_5815.jpeg

Is there only supposed to be one wire or am I missing something? It really seems like everything is plugged in but the automatic seatbelts still don't work. I also don't get a seatbelt warning light with no seatbelts clicked in, or any kind of buzzer. Anyone got any ideas? I really want these things to work.

But yeah, now that it's jacked up and ready I can attack it piecemeal little by little. Super nice!

That's the dome light switch and exactly how mine is wired too. Needs a good chassis ground.
Auto seatbelt is in the door latch.

There's a couple pics of the door latch switch at the bottom of this thread:
At first he thought it was the dome light switch too.

I distinctly remember those plugs in the door, and they were plugged in. I’ll dig further.

What’s weird is when I opened the passenger door for the first time with the battery installed, the auto seatbelt retracted/opened. So it sensed the door opening. It just has never sensed it closed.

Idk what it could be if the door sensors are fine. I really don’t wanna trace all the wires all the way LOL.

Does anyone know if there’s a relay or something that controls the functions of the auto belts? Or if I can jump a wire to test the actual motors functionality? Because it’s both sides.

Both seatbelts need to have the key in the ON position and sense that the corresponding door is closed for it to fasten. The driver side will retract with removing the key or opening the door, where as the passenger side will only retract with door open.

Both seatbelts need to have the key in the ON position and sense that the corresponding door is closed for it to fasten. The driver side will retract with removing the key or opening the door, where as the passenger side will only retract with door open.

Hmmm. Such a mystery.

I just wonder why it would sense the door open but not closed.

I hate electrical issues.

Operation Slow and Steady is going swimmingly.

Removed the battery, battery tray, intake, UICP, starter, and shift cables.

IMG_5823.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg

Woot. Gonna chill for the rest of the day, take my time and pull the trans at my own pace. So far so good. Tomorrow I might do more, might not. We’ll see.

While I was here though, I decided to install my EGR block off plate I got from performance partout. Glad I did this because there was no gasket there, so that had to be a leak.

IMG_5822.jpeg

IMG_5825.jpeg

Yeah I high temp RTV’d over a cut up Coke can gasket, and no I’m not a little bit ashamed. bi*** should hold 65lbs of boost. (Sarcasm)

But yeah. Pretty happy with my progress. Nice easy day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back