The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

6266 Build or Bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys! Arc2 install is done, I think the install went great, I owe Marty one for sure :thumb:
IMG_1378.jpeg
Also went ahead and pulled my injectors to be cleaned/flow tested, then I’m just waiting on a new lower control arm to replace the one that wouldn’t fit and then the front end will be buttoned up, ready for an alignment. Another thing I’m excited about is my middle straight pipe section now has a resonator! Hopefully the car will sound even better:)
IMG_1384.jpeg

Another thing I’m excited about is my middle straight pipe section now has a resonator! Hopefully the car will sound even better:)
Resonator wasn't a Huge game changer for me. It made the car about 10% more quite and make the drone not SO bad but it still drones a little bit.

Now, muffler.. that was a game changer.

Hey guys figured I’d update this old boring build LOL, I haven’t done much to the car in awhile, haven’t driven it in like a month in a half LOL, but anyways I figured I’d post up some pics of my 3000gt slave install.
IMG_1633.jpeg
Here’s the part number for those curious, I got this off 3si.org as that sight confirms this as the smaller 11/16’s bore. I know a few members on here have apparently had success with this slave providing a little more throw and getting better disengagement of heavy pressure plates. This is my last ditch effort on my heavy single before I say screw it and by a twin LOL
IMG_1634.jpeg
Also replaced the master with a new oem unit, and changed the gear oil :thumb:
IMG_1635.jpeg
As per donnie mentioning in an old thread there’s a little bit of grinding needed to get the slave to sit flush but not much, along with enlarging the 2 bolt holes a little bit.
IMG_1636.jpeg
IMG_1637.jpeg
Tomorrow I’ll have a buddy help me bleed the whole system and fingers crossed no more clutch drag :pray:
IMG_1638.jpeg
Wish me luck LOL

Hey guys figured I’d update this old boring build LOL, I haven’t done much to the car in awhile, haven’t driven it in like a month in a half LOL, but anyways I figured I’d post up some pics of my 3000gt slave install.View attachment 736370Here’s the part number for those curious, I got this off 3si.org as that sight confirms this as the smaller 11/16’s bore. I know a few members on here have apparently had success with this slave providing a little more throw and getting better disengagement of heavy pressure plates. This is my last ditch effort on my heavy single before I say screw it and by a twin LOLView attachment 736369Also replaced the master with a new oem unit, and changed the gear oil :thumb: View attachment 736368As per donnie mentioning in an old thread there’s a little bit of grinding needed to get the slave to sit flush but not much, along with enlarging the 2 bolt holes a little bit.View attachment 736367View attachment 736366 Tomorrow I’ll have a buddy help me bleed the whole system and fingers crossed no more clutch LOLView attachment 736365Wish me luck LOL
Got a little something you're hiding? 🤔

IMG_1635~2.jpeg

Hey guys figured I’d update this old boring build LOL, I haven’t done much to the car in awhile, haven’t driven it in like a month in a half LOL, but anyways I figured I’d post up some pics of my 3000gt slave install.View attachment 736370Here’s the part number for those curious, I got this off 3si.org as that sight confirms this as the smaller 11/16’s bore. I know a few members on here have apparently had success with this slave providing a little more throw and getting better disengagement of heavy pressure plates. This is my last ditch effort on my heavy single before I say screw it and by a twin LOLView attachment 736369Also replaced the master with a new oem unit, and changed the gear oil :thumb: View attachment 736368As per donnie mentioning in an old thread there’s a little bit of grinding needed to get the slave to sit flush but not much, along with enlarging the 2 bolt holes a little bit.View attachment 736367View attachment 736366 Tomorrow I’ll have a buddy help me bleed the whole system and fingers crossed no more clutch drag :pray:View attachment 736365Wish me luck LOL
Luck!

Got a little something you're hiding?
That’s from the “Stinky Pinky” I got at a no prep street outlaw event last year, I had to buy a cool trinket of memorabilia from Bandimere Speedway before they closed last year, and what’s cooler than an aluminum rod?

Well just to update, got the system bled, and holy cow I can’t get over how much more throw/fork movement, after some rod adjustment on the drive, we got it passing a clutch drag test and engaging in what I thought was where the clutch wanted to be, pedal pressure felt fantastic, noticeably stiffer and firm, the car shifted beautifully like butter! Then of course after getting it back in the garage I checked the slave and of course it’s not self adjusting LOL, so no big deal, I’ll just continue to tweak the MC rod.
IMG_1629.jpeg
Here’s a pic from earlier in the week on an oem slave, I tried to measure the fork position while the wife clutched in. On my tape it was roughly 1 1/2” from the fork to edge of the window, today with the 3kgt slave and my buddy clutched in it was 1 3/4”. I know these are guesstimates but I can tell you there’s like a quarter inch more throw, but like I said it still needs some fine tuning but so far I’m VERY pleased with this slave

Last edited:
Well just to update, got the system bled, and holy cow I can’t get over how much more throw/fork movement, after some rod adjustment on the drive, we got it passing a clutch drag test and engaging in what I thought was were the clutch wanted to be, pedal pressure felt fantastic, noticeably stiffer and firm, the car shifted beautifully like butter! Then of course after getting it back in the garage I checked the slave and of course it’s not self adjusting LOL, so no big deal, I’ll just continue to tweak the MC rod. View attachment 736439Here’s a pic from earlier in the week on oem slave, I tried to measure the fork position while the wife clutched in. On my tape it was roughly 1 1/2” from the fork to edge of the window, today with the 3kgt slave and my buddy clutched in it was 1 3/4”. I know these are guesstimates but I can tell you there’s like a quarter inch more throw, but like I said it still needs some fine tuning but so far I’m VERY pleased with this slave
How are you testing the master rod adjustments? Just seeing if you are able to compress the slave by hand?

I just re adjusted to the max position before the bleeders blocked off, the rod is physically within a quarter turn of where it was when I drove it over adjusted, pedal pressure still feels good, so hopefully it still shifts the same. For example on my old slave with a 2-3 shift, 2nd gear at say 8000rpm I could feel it not wanting to fully release as I pulled it out of gear to shift into 3rd, but earlier today it came out and went in like butter :rocks:

I just re adjusted to the max position before the bleeders blocked off, the rod is physically within a quarter turn of where it was when I drove it over adjusted, pedal pressure still feels good, so hopefully it still shifts the same. For example on my old slave with a 2-3 shift, 2nd gear at say 8000rpm I could feel it not wanting to fully release as I pulled it out of gear to shift into 3rd, but earlier today it came out and went in like butter :rocks:
Nice! Did you get that from Amayama? I just checked MitsubishiPartsNow for it and they say discontinued, no longer available. But Amayama shows them, more than 1 available.
Did you use the rod that it came with?

Nice! Did you get that from Amayama? I just checked MitsubishiPartsNow for it and they say discontinued, no longer available. But Amayama shows them, more than 1 available.
Did you use the rod that it came with?
It looks like 3sx has them in stock
I've bought stuff from here before (upper rear control arms)

It looks like 3sx has them in stock
I've bought stuff from here before (upper rear control arms)
Oh yeah, I see. Their web page though, they show a blue one and a grey one, and I don't see any Mitsu part numbers there.
Jeremy got a grey one and Amayama also shows Jeremy's part number as being grey.
So now we know the grey one works.
But Jeremy, how did you know to get the grey one when you ordered?

One thing to note, I did remove the “restrictor” inside the bore where the feed line goes, per Jafro of course LOL, and I’m still using the same banjo bolt/feed as I did on my dsm slave, which is the stm tuned SS feed line :thumb:

I know of a few members on here that have run them, @donniekak and @bastarddsm have both mentioned their effectiveness with heavy singles, but it’s never been made a ‘sticky’ or anything like that, and even this mod isn’t a one size fits all as there can always be a number of different things that can cause drag issues

Very NICE writeup Jeremy!
Very informative and in a way that others can follow your thread and do the same thing.
Thanks for your great contributions! :thumb:
Marty

Sorry are you referring to the MC? The master is a 1g oem with the 1g adjustment rod, the mb670290 is the 3000gt slave, I did not use the banjo feed that came with it, as the car has the stmtuned SS feed with its own banjo

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back