The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Breaking up and back firing occasionally while building boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamDavey

Probationary Member
Jun 10, 2024
Brighton, Colorado
Hello,

I have a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi FWD that breaks up and jerks the car when I try and build boost.

I have only had this car for a few months and just got a straight pipe on it. It is fully stock other than a blow off valve with 69k miles and it wasn’t causing any issues until I got a new exhaust on it. This problem doesn’t happen all the time and it will drive perfectly fine sometimes and then later in the day it’ll will break up and back fire every time I try and go past 3k rpms.

Could it be the computer not seeing a different exhaust, could it be fuel?

I did timing belt, fuel pump, all the belts, oil, and coolant. Pretty much all the maintenance it needed to be driving healthy again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back