The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

7 bolt 4g63t crank specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghost48

Probationary Member
Jun 4, 2019
Burt, Iowa
My crank specs seem to be off on the main journals. Anyone have any thoughts to why? 180k miles. If anything I would've assumed it would be undersized due to wear.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Recheck your sizes (and calibrate your equipment), just to be sure of what you measured. I have made mistakes and saw funny numbers before, so I went back and rechecked. :hmm:

Here is an old thread too....Thread 'Crankshaft Journal Specs' https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/crankshaft-journal-specs.278310/

And straight from the FSM....

Recheck your sizes (and calibrate your equipment), just to be sure of what you measured. I have made mistakes and saw funny numbers before, so I went back and rechecked. :hmm:

Here is an old thread too....Thread 'Crankshaft Journal Specs' https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/crankshaft-journal-specs.278310/

Thank you for the resources!! I will triple check my work. I did go back and remeasure with the micrometer last night. Though I got the same results. I will see if the micrometer needs calibrated though. (To be honest I didn't realize they could even BE calibrated haha)

So I'm still getting 2.2687in on the main journals. Verified the micrometer calibration. Uploading photos. Let me know if you see something that I don't? Also uploading 2 double checks on the calibration block. The rod journals appear to be very close. The yellow page upload you sent shows my 2.2687 falling straight in the middle.

Looks like I was reading micrometer wrong! My main journals appear to be oversized by .00078 in. So I'm assuming I'm ok ordering standard bearings for it. Thank you for the help 1990 talon!

I could see 2.43....somethin. Sometimes you just have to recheck and count your numbers and write it all down, so your tryin!
Kurt caught the same thing I was seeing.
Thanks @bastarddsm !
Idt your journals are OVERSIZE. Kinda hard for them to grow. From what I can see, it is in tolerance. How much, I can't tell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back