The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wiseco Pistons help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63turbo84

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2008
ocala, Florida
i just picked up a set of Wiseco Forged Pistons (9.0:1) and i was wanting to know if this Compression is to crazy for my DD, i know people like to get (8.3:1) but for the price i just couldn't not get them...

I have those pistons and never even came close to getting knock on the stock timing and fuel maps at stock air flow levels. Hell, you can get away with adding timing or boost or leaning out the stock fuel and still not get knock on 93. Not all at the same time though LOL.

I run 93 as well.

With a good tune and proper boost control you should be fine.

I have a 1G with 9.0:1 Wiseco's that currently has 46,257 miles on it, with no troubles.

As everyone is saying with link or some way to control timing, you're just fine. The 2g timign map is very conservative. You'll be ok taking out or adding 1 degree here and there with that compression ratio. It's not at all that high. . .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back