The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

West Sound/Kitsap County DSM needs a hand...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezgeek

Probationary Member
Sep 27, 2012
Port Orchard, Washington
I'm trying to track down some issues with my car and am new to the DSM scene. I have a '91 Talon, A/T, NA and no mods (that I know of). I'm leaking oil and what may be coolant from the valve cover. I don't know where (exactly, anyways) to look or what I should be looking for to see if the head is bad or if it is just the valve cover gasket. The car threw a belt and overheated once (again, that I know of). :banghead:

Also, I need a radiator... anyone have a used one up for grabs cheap?

If there's someone in the Port Orchard/Bremerton area that can give me a hand I'd appreciate it. :D

Yeah I live right out in Seabeck, so I'm like 20 minutes away from Bremerton and probably like 30 from Port Orchard. Where exactly are you located?

And are the leaks bad?

The leak(s) are bad enough that I can tell they are there and the oil leaking causes some smoking from the engine bay. I'm on Mile Hill in PO... closer to Manchester

Alright that isn't too far. Do you work? If so, what are your days off? I could come by and check it out sometime whenever I get the chance. It would also be nice to meet another dsm owner.

I'm in school full time at OC. Fridays are generally the best times for me.

Okay. Whenever I get to work later, I'll check on when a good time for me will be. Are you driving it to Bremerton every time? Or are you using another car? And when we check it out, do you have tools? Or will I be needing to bring my own?

I could help out too if you guys want to meet up on a Sat or Sun....
Chris

I work for a shop.... it's not open on the weekends and the owner wont let us use it after hours. If its just a valve cover gasket, we can do that just about anywhere.
Chris

Yeah I know. If it is the valve cover, that's an easy fix.
I was just wondering about your shop. We didn't get to talk too much at taco tuners and I was still curious about it.
I'm selling my Jetta tomorrow around 5pm or so. So I'm good to come check it out anytime in the morning/afternoon. I'd just need to leave by 3:30 or so.

No longer selling the Jetta tomorrow. The guys grandpa doesn't want to drive 2 1/2 hours to come get it. So I'm able to help anytime really. But I'm also going to help my friend drop his tranny to look at his clutch tomorrow night, so I prefer to come check it out in the morning/afternoon still. so Chezgeek is tomorrow good for you?

Yeah I know. If it is the valve cover, that's an easy fix.
I was just wondering about your shop. We didn't get to talk too much at taco tuners and I was still curious about it.
I'm selling my Jetta tomorrow around 5pm or so. So I'm good to come check it out anytime in the morning/afternoon. I'd just need to leave by 3:30 or so.

No longer selling the Jetta tomorrow. The guys grandpa doesn't want to drive 2 1/2 hours to come get it. So I'm able to help anytime really. But I'm also going to help my friend drop his tranny to look at his clutch tomorrow night, so I prefer to come check it out in the morning/afternoon still. so Chezgeek is tomorrow good for you?

need to do the clutch in my 2g you good for it?
im not to mechanicly inclined when it comes to clutches...

ps finally got my ride up and going again...next meet im down to if its local.

need to do the clutch in my 2g you good for it?
im not to mechanicly inclined when it comes to clutches...

ps finally got my ride up and going again...next meet im down to if its local.

Yeah man, I'm down to help. You putting in a new clutch?

When were you thinking about doing your clutch?

Yeah man, I'm down to help. You putting in a new clutch?

When were you thinking about doing your clutch?

hopefully in a month deciding what im going to put into it.

im getting some cam work done when i go to replace my leaky head gasket not sure if i need to upgrade the clutch an fly wheel still looking into it

Alright if it's in the next month or two I'm able to help. I'm leaving for 8 months in early December so anytime before than is good with me. Upgrading your clutch would be a good idea if you plan on making more power.

what all is required to install tol wise, ive never replaced this type of clutch

what all is required to install tol wise, ive never replaced this type of clutch

What do you mean tol wise?

Pretty much what you will need is a socket set, rachets, breaker bar, torque wrench, jack, stands, cherry picker, screw drivers, pliers, clutch alignment tool, brake cleaner x2, grease, new tob, clutch, flywheel,
Pretty much basic tools. I can't think of anything special really. There might be some more I'm not thinking of right now. But it doesn't really require anything thats not common to have.

What do you mean tol wise?

Pretty much what you will need is a socket set, rachets, breaker bar, torque wrench, jack, stands, cherry picker, screw drivers, pliers, clutch alignment tool, brake cleaner x2, grease, new tob, clutch, flywheel,
Pretty much basic tools. I can't think of anything special really. There might be some more I'm not thinking of right now. But it doesn't really require anything thats not common to have.

tool* typo LOL
cherry picker to get the tranny out? their heavy enough? tob?

It makes it a lot easier and saves a bunch of time to drop it, and pull it back up to have it aligned. throwout bearing might as well replace it while we are in there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back