The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Transfer case question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpin81

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2007
bellingham, Washington
Okay so i dont think this specific question has been asked by someone who has as much info on it as i do so it will be prety specific needing a specific answer.

I saw the jacksontransmission video of how to tell if your transfer case is an early model 91-96 or a late model 97-99 transfer case or transmission.

back at 12 early back at 14 late

so i got that down, my acutal question is broken into 2 parts

Part 1 : Say you need a 95 gsx t-case, you have 1 that tests as early model using jackson transmissions procedure. but are prety sure it was from a jdm tranny does that automatically make it compatiable ?

part 2: will a jdm transfer case that had a 3.909 tranny bolted to it but is now sitting by itself test compeltly different or will it be the exception to this test .
if so what would the input shaft turn test come up with? would it be more or less then 12 or 14 turns if its designed for a 3.909 transmission ?

no i want to know if the transfer case i have will work. it rotating the input shaft 12 times brings the tail shaft back to its orrigional possition.

But does that alone make it compatiable ?

1: its from japan
2: tranny it came off of was a w5m332wmxl " meaning 3.909 final drive ratio

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back