The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved SS Brake Lines Leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackStieben

Proven Member
Feb 11, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem here. I just finished installing my Goodridge SS braided brake lines. Everything seemed all good but when I was putting in the brake fluid and pumping the brake pedal, I realized that both of my rear lines were leaking like crazy. They're leaking where the SS line connects to the hard line. I put locktite on them and it still does it. Are the flare nuts bad? They seemed to screw in just fine. Any help is appreciated.

You should never need or use any sealant, thread tape, Loctite or anything on brake lines. You need to verify if your flare fittings are correct. They should both be inverted flare type. Wrong fittings on the SS lines?

Also, what is the condition of the flare nut sealing surfaces on the lines on the car? They need to be smooth and undamaged.

I switched the rear lines back to stock and it fixed the problem. When you compare the fittings between the stock and ss, the stock is more conical and the ss is more flat so the hardline wouldn't seal fully on the ss, it only happened with the rear lines. So now I. Just using ss in front and stock rubber in rear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back