The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSM driver's health [Merged 9-7] lose gain weight pounds muscle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2g111 said:
I agree, diet and exercise. This is coming from a wrestler, those are the only ways to go. Running a lot and watching what I ate, lost 13 lbs in 4 days to go down a weight class (lots of running).
dropping 13lbs in 4 days is 10X worse than taking ephedra even though it was almost all water weight

BmwM3Z28 said:
dropping 13lbs in 4 days is 10X worse than taking ephedra even though it was almost all water weight

You're right, some was water weight, but to keep it off for 4 days, its more than just that. I'd do that routinely during wrestling season my sophmore year. Come in on Monday at like 159 or 160, and wrestle at 145 on Thursday afternoon. It made me kinda sleepy, but not that bad. I'm not sure how much worse it is for your body than taking medicines, though. I'd rather work really hard and do it on my own than have to introduce strange chemicals into my body. Especially if you're not doing some sort of crash dieting, do it on your own without using chemicals. Who knows what that stuff will do long term, but hard work has been getting the job done since the beginning of time. I wsa just looking at the title, do you really diet yourself to get faster times? ROFL

Stacker 2 used to make me kinda violent and angry. Ripped Fuel, hydroxycut, and Yellow jackets where my choice energy enhancers. Ive never felt like i was gonna die, but heart rate did increase.

I must have some weird high tolerance for caffeine and energy boosters, or my metabolism is way too fast anyway because Hydroxycut Hardcore doesn't even keep me awake, much less energetic. I got it for my wife because she needs to lose a few pounds (yes, I went there...) but she never takes it, so I take it every once in a while to perk up before work.

On the other hand, when I worked mall security and walked about 20 miles a day, I used to drink the Ripped Force(?) drinks from GNC. At least I think that was their name, and I know they had ephedra in them. All those did was raise my body temperature. They tasted horribly, though, like a giant wet cotton ball.

For natural weight loss, which I recommend, do what my manager did: Her boyfriend is from Egypt and his family fasts for the holiday of Ramadan, which is like 30 days or so. She decided to try it and she lost about 12 lbs in 10 days. This was done by just not eating from sun-up to sun-down. Add in a little aerobic exercise or physical activity during the day and you could probably lose 1-2lbs per day.

98gst14b said:
Has anyone ever taken ephedra? does it work? I heard a few ppl died from this....

So your trying to lower your weight to run faster times in your car? If you are then thats to much LOL chill! I never take any of that junk. You got all you need already just regulate and excercise. Don't be lazy, a lot of this stuff has serious long term effects.

Defiant said:
Jesus. Eat less, move more. It ain't rocket surgery.

Good luck buying ephedrine these days. Thank the crank users.

Agreed, I lots 40 pounds over the summer between my junior and senior year of high shool. I lifted weights every day, ate less, and watched what I ate. It was really simple.

I've tried hydroxycut (spelling?) hardcore before. It made me extremely hungry all of the time so I just couldnt stop eating and I didnt lose any weight. However if you were really strict with your diet and ate small meals every couple of hours like your supposed to, it will definetly make you drop weight like non other. Also my family said it made me extremely moody, so just a word of caution.

ephedra is some crazy shit. I took some one day so I could stay up all night to work on a project. The next morning before wrestilng practice I sat on one of the exercise bikes for 20 minutes (just sitting, not biking) and my heart rate was about 85 beats per minute. It was scary.

However, Its not as unhealthy as losing 12 pounds in 12 hours... I did that once, and will never again (had to lose weight for a wrestling match)

Oh yeah ephedra is legal here in Wisconsin

T is for TURBO said:
ephedra is some crazy shit. I took some one day so I could stay up all night to work on a project. The next morning before wrestilng practice I sat on one of the exercise bikes for 20 minutes (just sitting, not biking) and my heart rate was about 85 beats per minute. It was scary.

However, Its not as unhealthy as loosing 12 pounds in 12 hours... I did that once, and will never again (had to loose weight for a wrestling match)

Oh yeah ephedra is legal here in Wisconsin

OMG eek, what wieght class were you cutting down to and why did you have to lose it all that quick?

turbo2g111 said:
OMG eek, what wieght class were you cutting down to and why did you have to lose it all that quick?
I was 155 and had to drop to 145. The match was the next day, so I started running in the pool deck at our school (about 80 degrees) with 3 sweatshirts on 2 pair of jogging pants, 2 hats, and a winter coat.... I know, it was stupid, but westling was the best thing that happened to me in highschool. Stepped on the scale the next day and I was 143.
Guess, what, I lost the match too... Not because the other guy was better, but b/c I was so weak.

That day I told my coach I didn't want to be on the varsity team any more b/c it wasn't any fun cutting that much weight...

Damn.... I did something like that once, I wrestled at 152 one night and then had to make 145 by the next morning... luckily I was a little light for 152 so I didn't have to go quite that extreme.

fulanititoo8198 said:
So your trying to lower your weight to run faster times in your car? If you are then thats to much LOL chill! I never take any of that junk. You got all you need already just regulate and excercise. Don't be lazy, a lot of this stuff has serious long term effects.

Heh, the faster times thing was a joke/exaggeration. :)

I was wondering what do you do to get in shape or keep in shape?
Like for example lift weights,walk,etc.
Also what do you eat to keep healthy?
What would be the best way to lose 50 pounds and keep it off?

Well you can go to a local city college to learn. Take nutrition class, and some P.E classes. I believe it would be cheaper then going to a gym.

Too lose 50lbs in a year is healthier then losing it in half a year. Why you will gain back what you lose and then some.

Wanna lose it fast? Circuit training. You'll shed fat incredibly fast, and build muscle. Look it up. Essentially your muscles burn fat faster than anything else...they require the most energy in your body. Work the largest muscle groups (back, thighs, etc.) and they will consume massive amounts of calories- i.e. fat. Combine that with a high protein, low fat diet, and your metabolism will skyrocket, and you'll see very fast improvement. It's possible to lost 20lbs in 6 weeks if you stay diligent and stick to a diet and workout plan.

Well what I do to stay in shape is work on my jiu jitsu but I am up by 5am and at the gym by 5:30am working on it and if i get a chance I go to the gym in the afternoons also and when i get a chance I hit the weights but I usually dont have time because of school

I lost around 20 in a month or so, after stop eating meat including fish, drinking any carbonated drinks, eating things with alot of sugar like cookies cakes and things, I'm beyond healthy now and have way more energy and am keeping the weight off. I also do alot of cardio. sucks for my wife trying to cook me anything but after awhiles you get used to it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back