The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo BOV? [Merged 7-9]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madeagle

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2003
WisconsinUS
Would an EVO BOV fit on the 2g? Is it a lot better than a 2g stock? Just like the sound of it.
Thanks.
mad:talon:

well,don't they push like 19lbs stock? that would indicate that the BOV is better than the 2g unit. go to the dealership and scope out the engine bay,see what the flange looks like.

I don't see why you would pay dealer price for an EVO CBV, when you could just get a 1g CBV; proven upgrade :confused:

how come a 1g CBV is better than an 2g?
Thanks.
mad:talon:

You COULD search for it, but the lowdown is thus; POS 2g valves leak at 15psi...A crushed 1g valve can hold over 20.

it's a pretty well known fact that a 2g BOV can't handle much more than the stock PSI and that the 1g BOV is a good cheap upgrade. But just by looking at my friends Evo, it looks like there BOV would fit right into a stock 2g UIC pipe, so u wouldn't have to get a special flange like you need to put in a 1g BOV. But a brand new EVO bov prolly would cost a lot of money i'd think, id just say get a 1g one and a new UIC pipe that's flanged for the 1g one, cuz u r going to have to replace that UIC pipe cuz its a pile. good luck man

I'm sick of trying to tune my stupid Greddy Type S BOV. No matter how hard or soft I set it, I always get some kind of compressor surge. The newest thing for the Evo guys is to run the JDM Evo MR BOV. Its a metal one, just like the 1g's, only that it doesn't require you to crush it to run 20+ psi. The flange looks a little different, but I'm sure I can fabricate something to make it work. Has anyone tried this on a Talon or Eclipse yet?

Uh, are you sure you're loosening the Greddy bov? Just try and loosen the nut and loosen the actual stud all the way out, then just tighten is until your boost stops falling off.

If you really need to have the JdM TyTe ShIt yO, then by all means go get it. A blow off valve is a blow off valve, they all do the same thing.

If I'm boosting anywhere above 12psi and let off the gas, its fine and I get no compressor surge. If I let the turbo spool up to 4-5psi, and let off the gas to shift, I will get some compressor surge. I have tried loosing that bov from all the way soft to all the way hard and no matter what, I get that chuga chuga sound under low boost. If I loosen it up too much, I can also hear the boost leaking from the bov.

If it gets warmer, I might take out the Greddy Type S and do the single spring conversion on it. That is suppose to help with some of the surging.

Jebus[tuning] said:
Uh, are you sure you're loosening the Greddy bov? Just try and loosen the nut and loosen the actual stud all the way out, then just tighten is until your boost stops falling off.

If you really need to have the JdM TyTe ShIt yO, then by all means go get it. A blow off valve is a blow off valve, they all do the same thing.

That "JdM TyTe ShIt yO" sounds like a quality piece that will hold high boost with no modification, which will go on a STOCK 2g UICP with no modification whatsoever. And if a BOV is a BOV, then why do people go aftermarket? :p

Jebus[tuning] said:
JdM TyTe ShIt yO
4. No Guesses - if you don't know, don't reply, dumbshit.

Yes these BOV's are gaining a very high respect in the tuning community.

In my experiences with the Type-S, it's normal to get a tiny bit of flutter at very low boost conditions with the type-s. It's happened in every car I've been in with no ill effects to the turbos. If that sound makes you nuts, go out and get the evo mr bov then.

It's about time Mitsubishi put out a decent part :p

Pricing/Availability?

pacent said:
I'm sick of trying to tune my stupid Greddy Type S BOV. No matter how hard or soft I set it, I always get some kind of compressor surge. The newest thing for the Evo guys is to run the JDM Evo MR BOV. Its a metal one, just like the 1g's, only that it doesn't require you to crush it to run 20+ psi. The flange looks a little different, but I'm sure I can fabricate something to make it work. Has anyone tried this on a Talon or Eclipse yet?

Have you tried hooking up the lower port to a boosst source? If you are constantly getting flutter then it might help. Just find a boost source before the throttle plate and plumb it to the lower nipple on the Type S. It will help actuate the valve quicker and may solve your fluttering problem without you having to spend any money. :thumb:

It fits perfectly, I've posted about this before and learned some new stuff. I was wondering how much psi it can hold before it starts leaking. From what I read it was 19 psi for the evo. Since I got a mbc will I be cool w/stock bov from an evo or should I just go w/a new upper ic pipe w/1g bov?

The stock evo 8 holds up to 20 psi. It fits perfectly w/the stock 2g upper ic piping. Just letting everyone know..

umm...4G63T does not equal 2G N/T Bolt-on Tech :shhh:

the 3k/S valve also fits...

If you are keeping the stock UIP or have done an oldschool mod that keeps that section of it

So I need a new BOV so I'm looking at the EVO MR one on slowboyracing's site. http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=5602&

My question is- Will this fit on an entirely stock UICP and will it recirculate with the stock recirculation pipe? If not, Is there any option for me besides this? I would go for the 1g BOV but my UICP isnt metal and last time i checked when welding, it isn't done between plastic and metal ROFL and I do not want to upgrade the piping until I get the cash for a FMIC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back