The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

DSM driver's health [Merged 9-7] lose gain weight pounds muscle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You need to eat meat. Muscles needs protein. Muscle is the ultimate fat burner. The more muscle you have, the more fat you burn from doing absolutely nothing. Upping your metabolism is the key. Working out keeps your metabolism high and gets you muscle to burn the fat. Conclusion? Veggies suck, meat rules.

My story starts about 2 years ago. I started at 5'10 180lbs and I just started running 2-3 miles per day and that means 7 days per week no excuses. After 5-6 months I had dropped to 145lbs. My diet never changed through the 6 month period but then I realized that I was just a skinny kid nothing more than a high school student's body. So weight lifting began. I found that when I changed my diet is when I got really cut up. Now I walk around at 5'10 160lbs and a full 6 back every day. I realize that people have busy lives, but I still do not believe in excuses, and I can tell you my typical monday.

Wake up at 7:00 AM Make Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast with butter and orange juice. Work from 8:00 - 10:30. Eat a banana at 10:15, go to English at 11:15 until 12:30. Make 2 sandwiches maybe tuna or turkey for lunch with water and some carrots. Back to work by 1:00 - 3:30 where I will usually eat an apple. Calculus at 4:00 - 5:15. 6:00 - 8:00 Muay Thai. Eat chicken/Green Beans and water for dinner. Lift weights, and in bed by 11:00 PM. A lot of people tell me I am a machine, but I am happy with my life and even with this crazy schedule I fit in DSM's, My Band, and Friends so it CAN be done. I guess not having a girlfriend is what enables my success. It definately inspired me when I read Luda's post about Men having hobbies to take us away from the issues we have with women. (When I took up Muay Thai 1 year ago)

I will elaborate on my workouts below

Cardio -

M,W,F - Muay Thai for 2 hours (It is extremely hard)
T,Th,Sat,Sun - Run 3 Miles

Weights -

M, Th - Chest / Upper Back / Abs
T, F - Shoulders / Upper Arms / Abs / Lower Back
W, Sat - Legs / Abs
Sun - Rest day, but I still usually work on my upper body.

im 5'10" 205. Also "husky". However, I drink incredible amounts of beer, and havent touched a weight in a month. Working out is just ####ing boring. I think i might buy another mountain bike and start riding again....i dunno i just hate sitting in a gym staring at a wall lifting weight only to look pretty.

I agree that weight lifting is boring. Although I think it is misunderstood that everyone does it to look good. I personally started training cardio/weights to just be in good physical shape like I always was in high school. It turned from a boring activity to something that I enjoy and something I feel good about.

Adding muscle while reducing body fat can be difficult depending on your cardio routine. Long distance, moderate intensity cardio sessions will gradually burn fat, prohibit any substantial muscle growth. The key to building muscle while continuing cardio is high intensity. Check out Guerilla Cardio http://www.cs.unm.edu/~wneumann/files/guerilla_cardio.pdf (sorry for the ugly looking link, haven't learned how to embed it). Heavy weights, low-medium reps (8-12) will also help add on muscle mass and build strength. Eat big and lift big (but eat clean). Incorporate more leg work into your routine if you don't do so already, being the biggest muscle group, the more muscles triggered in the legs the more dramatic results overall.

Again, it really all depends what your goals are. Pick up some weight lifting/fitness magazines, they are a great source of motivation and have lots of techniques for achieving different results. Being a car guy you'll probably make the correlation of "your body = your car" when you read these magazines and get excited to try different "mods", if you will. Hope this was helpful.

If you're trying to lose weight around your gut, start drinking nothing but water (yes it sucks) and do about 500-600 situps a night.. Dont cheat yourself, and when you do then try touching elbows to opposite knee each time. Twisting while doing your situps works out all of the muscles in your stomach area. You wont be able to do 500-600 in the first week.. start slow maybe around 100-200 per night and work your way up to 600 per night, or morning whichever you prefer.. youll have ripped abs within a month or 2 if you follow my plan.. the first couple weeks you wont see much results but if you just keep pushing and stay on it youll achieve your goal.. also Im not sure of the weight distribution in your body haha but I am 6'2 and weigh 190.. Its normal. Overweight would be 200+ so your right where you need to be.. Its just a matter of tightening up your muscles so you can have that ripped look

Adding muscle while reducing body fat can be difficult

Most serious body builders dont do both at the same time. It is very hard to build muscle while trying to lean out. Intense cardo burns fat fast, but it also takes some muscle with it. What it all comes down to is what you want. Do you wanna gain mass, but also be cut up, or do you want more of a "beach body." Gain the mass you want first, then worry about thinning out. When I bulk, Ill do light, slow cardo (walk or bick for about an hour everyday). Not too slow, but not enough where Im breathing real heavy. If youre trying to bulk up, just setup a good workout schedule and stick to it. The BIGGEST part is your diet. You HAVE to eat the right things. You can find tons of write-ups on different diets and what to eat and what to eat. I can tell you from personal experience that what you eat makes such a huge difference in performance and results. I used to eat shitty but work my ass off in the gym, I still got good results, but when I threw in a good diet it was like night and day. Join some sites. Bodybuilding.com, freakzonline.com, anabolex.com/forums, etc. Ridiculous amounts of info on any of those. Questions upon questions all with answers from people who know their shit. Also, dont get hung up on different supps from GNC and shit like that. Some work, A LOT dont. Do your research and get informed.

My good friend works here (Velocity Sports Performance - Programs). He got me a deal for a month. Im telling you, I used to think these joints were scams, or just for sport specific training. Ive been in it for a week now and tell feel a difference. Its high intensity, the first session I puked, it shocked my body that much. Im already close to the size I want to be, except for a few things here and there, but I got fat from college my last semester so I need to take care of that. If this would be something youre interested in call around to your local gyms and see what they offer. Hope this helps

Men's Health Redirect if you're serious about losing fat/gaining muscle/ getting into shape in general. They have many different philosophies, techniques, and helpful people. Just as Tuners is my favorite car, not dsm, CAR, forum, this one is my favorite fitness forum. You will get into shape following their advice, some of which comes from fitness programs from t-nation.com

80% of your workout and size (or lack of) comes in the kitchen. Try to stick to high protien foods like shakes (obviously), tuna, chicken, LEAN beef, if you're like me then sushi, most seafoods actually and stay away from dairy products (unless eaten w/ reason) fatty foods that you probably already know about and high carb junk.
Make sure you try to consume atleast 1 to 1.5g protien a day per lb of body weight and trust me thats not easy when you're trying to eat clean. Do NOT try to go super low or no carb because it will NOT work for you to gain weight and you'll most likely go catabolic a large portion of the day. (meaning when you are hungry or post workout instead of your body burning fat for energy, the most abundant source of energy for your body is your muscles)

I do a split that looks like:
D1: Chest and calves (3-4 excercises each and 8-12 reps depending how frisky im feeling)
D2: Back and forearms (same^) and i always start with deadlifts
D3: Shoulders and traps (they're in the same location on your body and they kind of go in conjunction with each other)
D4: Bi's and Triceps
D5: Blah......Legs (i dont really do legs anymore as i wear a size 32 pants and i was having a hard time getting them over my legs)

5'8'' 16% body fat 204 (just got checked up on today (i am joining the army)
Bench 315
DL 525
Squat probably the same

Hope i could help a little, pm me if you have any more in depth questions

oh and another thing.....you really cant burn fat and build muscle at the same time....thats why when body builders are in the off season, when in shape in previous years would be at (just throwin a number out) 300lbs, they bulk up to like 340 350....then when competition time comes back around they cut down to like 315 320........its a never ending process my man seriously :)!

I got a ab-scissors machine that i got from my brother in law but I dont know how to use it.
I was wondering if any one has the machine and how do you use it?

I wish my weight was 190lbs. right now i am like 250lbs 6'2 i want to lose like 50lbs and keep it off.
But it is hard when you have a job that is a pia and your so tired when you get home you dont want to do nothing but go sleep.

Oh man i hope you do better than I can.. Im guessing home cooked Mexican food isnt too bad?? I try to eat subwayROFL when im out which is the best I can do for fast food..

then your not trying and 190 for 6'2" is kinda tiny unless is all flub. Im 180 at 6 foot and like 9% bodyfat. I got 315 up as a max 2 days ago even thought that doesnt mean anything. Just hit the gym for atleast an hour aday and run a mile before and 2 or 3 after you lift.

My work out is based on a 3 day process... arms , mid and legs , chest , mid and legs, arms and so on...everyday with eating right you WILL have to notice results unless your some sort of freak.

also remember theres 3 different kinds of people those who are just built, those who have to work for it ( me ) and those who, no matter what will always be weaker and unable to build. They are endo, ecto and dono morphs look em up.

try some supplement that burn fat and run a lot, sit ups everynite, yeah its going to hurt but youll love the results

im 5'9" and 160lbs

my max bench is 270, depending on how my shoulders feel that day.

You need to eat meat. Muscles needs protein. Muscle is the ultimate fat burner. The more muscle you have, the more fat you burn from doing absolutely nothing. Upping your metabolism is the key. Working out keeps your metabolism high and gets you muscle to burn the fat. Conclusion? Veggies suck, meat rules.

Doing this will make you look like a nice, clean 2g; with a VW engine:nono:

In other words, you crap-out the inside of your body. If you want to look better just put a new coat of wax on the back bumper of your DSM; that's all most people see right?:thumb:

:talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back