The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SBR Intake Manifold Track Times

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason's TSI

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2002
Wilmington, North_Carolina
I searched around and did not see any times for the SBR intake manifold so I thought I would share mine. This is on my daily driver that I just ran last weekend.

The car: 1992 Talon AWD automatic
-2.3L with eagle rods and manley pistons
-stock head with Web street grind cams, ARP headstuds and mitsu mls headgasket
-turbonetics cast manifold with GT35R turbo, top to bottom spearco front mount
-255 walbro intake and 255 walbo in-line with 6AN line to fuel rail, 720cc injectors, B&M FPR
-stock auto trans with restalled converter, wired to Park/neutral switch for manual shifting
-single fogger 80hp nitrous shot
-225/50R16 street tires
-SBR intake manifold

First and only pass with no nitrous, 31psi
1.73 60ft
10.99@125mph

second, third pass 10.8, 10.7

fourth pass 31psi, 80hp shot nitrous
1.65 60ft
6.82@104 1/8th
10.62@127mph

what were your times with your old manifold?? im also trying to find some times and numbers on the intake manifold

Great times man, very cool. I have a question for you man that I was trying to have answered in my own thread. The gt35r that you are using with the tubonetics manifold, what a/r is the turbine housing on it? And did you have to use a spacer in between the turbonetics manifold and the head? Is it a 5-bolt housing or 4-bolt? If you could answer these questions for me I would greatly appreciate it.
thanks and great times

Great times, with 2 255 pumps I would be surprised if you aren't over running the B&M fpr mod.

Great times man, very cool. I have a question for you man that I was trying to have answered in my own thread. The gt35r that you are using with the tubonetics manifold, what a/r is the turbine housing on it? And did you have to use a spacer in between the turbonetics manifold and the head? Is it a 5-bolt housing or 4-bolt? If you could answer these questions for me I would greatly appreciate it.
thanks and great times

Thats my boss (other thread) haha. .82ar 3in. GT 4bolt with a spacer

HELL YAH!!! Jason and John are rocking with our Mani!

Thanks guys!

Chris Boone
Slowboy Racing Inc.

We are working on that! As soon as one of the shop cars is finished we'll throw it on and do some tests with it.

Chris Boone
Slowboy Racing Inc.

Nice times for sure, I wish they would test it back to back against the stocker and say a Magnus or something though like they did for their turbos :(

I wish we had time :(

The rally car is consuming all of our R&D time right now, but it is a heck of a lot of fun!

John - thats awesome news, thank you for posting! For shits and giggles, I could send you one of our FMIC kits to test next time at the track, see if you pick up any MPH?

Mike Huml

Jason's car is running very well. And he posted it not me Mike ;). I am sure he would be more than happy to test the FMIC, he had mentioned he was considering getting something larger.

I would definitely be willing to try it out, the top to bottom spearco was on the car when I got it and I've been wanting something bigger. I did want to mention this is a heavy street car that still has everything on it (except A/C, it was leaking everywhere and I did not want to fix it) and an amp and sub in the back. We hope to get the race car going in the next couple months, so we will be talking to you guys about some more parts soon :thumb:

We have one of these on the race car now, 1st shake down pass only using the bottle in 1st car went 9.9@137 popping. Found out on the next pass the problem was the alternator was dead and it was not making enough voltage. We will post more times next week once the problem is fixed.

We have one of these on the race car now, 1st shake down pass only using the bottle in 1st car went 9.9@137 popping. Found out on the next pass the problem was the alternator was dead and it was not making enough voltage. We will post more times next week once the problem is fixed.

We hope to run the car again this Saturday if the weather stays nice. I did want to thank Chris Boone of Slowboy Racing for all his help in getting me the parts we needed on time for the 2.1L and the SBR sheet metal intake manifold. If all goes well hope see some mid to low nines soon.

From the looks of things with a little bit more tuning and get a new knock sensor in the car the times are gonna drop even lower very soon.

John pick a song already for the video, i gave you my choices already :p

What size stall are you guys using? I know it's just the factory unit but what rpm was it re-stalled to?

What size stall are you guys using? I know it's just the factory unit but what rpm was it re-stalled to?

Stalls to about 3400 with no boost or nitrous, once the boost starts building it can reach close to 4800-5000rpms right before launching. The stall of any converter depends on engine torque, the higher the torque the higher any given converter will stall.

Stalls to about 3400 with no boost or nitrous, once the boost starts building it can reach close to 4800-5000rpms right before launching. The stall of any converter depends on engine torque, the higher the torque the higher any given converter will stall.

I didn't realize that. My understanding of TCer's is modest at best. How much torque would you gather you are making with your 35r? Glad to see you auto guys doing good, I am working on an auto car myself similar to yours but with a 2g, and a 3082r rather than a 35r. EVer taken your car down the 1320 with pump gas? Also my car stalled at 4300 with my t25 at 15 lbs, any idea what it may do with the 3082r at 22 lbs (9 inch billet)? Car doesn't run yet and probly wont for a few more months, just curious what you think it might stall to.

I didn't realize that. My understanding of TCer's is modest at best. How much torque would you gather you are making with your 35r? Glad to see you auto guys doing good, I am working on an auto car myself similar to yours but with a 2g, and a 3082r rather than a 35r. EVer taken your car down the 1320 with pump gas? Also my car stalled at 4300 with my t25 at 15 lbs, any idea what it may do with the 3082r at 22 lbs (9 inch billet)? Car doesn't run yet and probly wont for a few more months, just curious what you think it might stall to.

Talking about two cars in this thread, the 92 has the 35r and is my street car. The 91 has a 67mm t4 and does not see a whole lot of street driving and is always on race gas. Both have the same converter. Stall speed depends on alot of things, no real way to know exactly what the stall speed is going to be untill you try it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back