The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidharvey14

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2010
brimield, Ohio
wats another name for a hydrolic tensioner for timing i need to buy a nw one n autozone doesnt have listings for a hydrolic tensioner so i have to figure out the other name for it n i have no clueee

wats another name for a hydrolic tensioner for timing i need to buy a nw one n autozone doesnt have listings for a hydrolic tensioner so i have to figure out the other name for it n i have no clueee

I can't understand a word you just typed. Look around on your keyboard; you should see some shift keys and a period key. ;)

They should be able to find it listed as a "hydraulic" tensioner. (Note the spelling). The official factory name is "Adjuster, timing belt tensioner".

Autozone doesn't seem to carry the "timing belt tensioner". Well, not for the 2g anyway. I tried to get one for my brother before, but they couldn't find anything. Maybe it is just my local shop. Best bet would be to find an OEM Mitsubishi one.

Autozone doesn't seem to carry the "timing belt tensioner". Well, not for the 2g anyway. I tried to get one for my brother before, but they couldn't find anything. Maybe it is just my local shop. Best bet would be to find an OEM Mitsubishi one.

ok thank you

CALAN has it on the nose. That is exactly where I bought mine for my 1g. OEM should be the ONLY route on items such as this. Too much other junk out there that leaves our DSM's on jack stands and gives them a bad name.

how about summit racing they have them for 50 dollars shipped to my door?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back