The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New DIY front lip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams Realized

5+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2018
Seattle, Washington
I have been waiting for this kit to go on sale ever since Bucky Lasek showed it off on his (I assume) 98' Subaru RSTI about a year ago.

It finally hit the market and so far I think only Rokblokz offers this style. It is a polyurethane roll that you will cut and mold to your front bumper. Polyurethane provides flexibility and scratch and abrasion proofing that plastic lips can't. Yet they still remain rigid enough under speed to provide the airdamming effect desired.

I plan on using aluminum 90 degrees brackets to bolt to the front bumper and then I will rivet the polyurethane to the brackets. You can however just drill holes into your front bumper and rivet it in that way.

At $65 total I think this will appeal to the budget guys in all of us that like the idea of an HD lip but don't want something that looks so... Cheap. I am in no way sponsored or affiliated with Rokblokz

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For an air damn and splitter sure but on its own it looks like junk.

I've been wanting something similar for a few of my cars, but I am planning to mount it at the rear edge of the front bumper so it doesn't disrupt the styling as much being somewhat hidden under the bumper. For a roadgoing 2g it would get worn out/scraped off pretty quickly with our long front overhang, but on other platforms I think it would work well. Maybe not as tall as this one is, though.

They make various heights. I chose the shortest one. And I agree I was going to likely tuck mine back a bit as well. That's the point of choosing polyurethane rubber over plastic or the HD lip. This skirt was designed to get beaten on and scraped over every single speed bump at a cars and coffee... We will see I can post up pictures here in Early March when I put it on and do a short write up after living with it for a little while.

Alright got it on and I'm glad I tucked it under the bumper because I never realized how much I hate the look of air dams until I installed it on my car.

Install was easy enough bought 90 degree aluminum brackets from hardware store and riveted it on. I bought black plastic rivets to make it a little more stealth. But they were actual garbage. If they did end up splitting they would just break if I put any pressure on them.

I would rate this eh like 7/10. Install is easy and it was only $40. But I'm not obsessed with the look and I'm not sure how it's going to hold up going over things.

Don't mind the sag the bumper isn't actually bolted on
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back