The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Modified AWD fuel hangers / setups

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrathvr4

Proven Member
Sep 15, 2021
Brisbane, California
Trying to find the best fuel system route for me Evo 1. Currently has stock a fuel hanger with walbro 255 which I Will be leaving as is to become my lift pump for a duel pump surge in boot. My question is, do I bother modifying the stock hanger with AN fittings to the surge tank or Do I leave as is and find fittings for the stock barbs to surge. Be awesome to see some examples of peoples setups

Last edited:
This is my 525 Hellcat pump with a 10AN Bulkhead fitting on a 1g AWD hanger. I have got to say that going to the AN fittings is so much easier to service if you have to and I am glad I did mine. I have a 6AN setup also, with the same pump. I know you are just using yours as a lift pump but this is what mine looks like. I also used a pc of radiator hose to dampen the pump from the hanger and I hold it on with a couple of hose clamps, but really they aren't necessary, just noise reduction and there isn't that much anyway.
Marty

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is my 525 Hellcat pump with a 10AN Bulkhead fitting on a 1g AWD hanger. I have got to say that going to the AN fittings is so much easier to service if you have to and I am glad I did mine. I have a 6AN setup also, with the same pump. I know you are just using yours as a lift pump but this is what mine looks like. I also used a pc of radiator hose to dampen the pump from the hanger and I hold it on with a couple of hose clamps, but really they aren't necessary, just noise reduction and there isn't that much anyway.
Marty

Different hanger to mine but nice job! How you finding the 525? So you left the return barb stock? I was thinking of changing the feed and return barbs to 6an fittings as my surge intake and overflow are both 6an, surge feed to rail is 8an.

Yes for now the return is stock so far. I like the 525 pump, although I am having a fueling issue at the moment that, for the life of me, I cannot figure out (looses pressure after 1 pull or seeing boost, down to 30psi or lower. Multiple pumps, regs, injectors etc, still no change).
I can say it is NOT the pump that is my issue as I have 3 of these.

Different hanger to mine but nice job! How you finding the 525? So you left the return barb stock? I was thinking of changing the feed and return barbs to 6an fittings as my surge intake and overflow are both 6an, surge feed to rail is 8an.
The deal with a 6AN bulkhead fitting is they only come with a 5/16 barb. You can't find one with a true 3/8" barb but for most folks that will work just fine. I wanted a 3/8" feed direct from the tank is why I had to use a 10AN fitting, and it was a bit tricky but works wonderful and showed more pressure than I have ever seen on my car (until it boosted good and then back to square one again.....).

The deal with a 6AN bulkhead fitting is they only come with a 5/16 barb. You can't find one with a true 3/8" barb but for most folks that will work just fine. I wanted a 3/8" feed direct from the tank is why I had to use a 10AN fitting, and it was a bit tricky but works wonderful and showed more pressure than I have ever seen on my car (until it boosted good and then back to square one again.....).
Yea I’m pretty convinced that changing the feed barb on the hat to a 90 degree bulkhead is the way. I guess what I’m stuck on is whether it’s worth changing the return to bulk head also being that it’s very small compared to the 6an on the surge 🤷🏻‍♂️

My car eats enough fuel that I currently don't need a larger return but I do have it in mind and would like to see how others have done there's since I completely removed my original feed line. I am putting together a technical article, as we speak, to show and explain how I installed my bulkhead fitting on my 1g, so if I get it published, I will add it to this thread so it can be found easily. :thumb:

Edit - Added bulkhead fitting tech article in BLUE.
Marty

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back