The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Magnus SM Manifold EGR Valve Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRAZYKOREAN

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2002
Phompton, Arizona
Ok For the people that have gotten a Magnus Intake Mani..this is directed towards you more or if anyone knows..ok with these manifolds you can't hook up the Map Sensor..Egr Valve..coil pack and igniter switch..ok the coil pack and igniter switch no big deal..Map sensor will tapped in the Manifold..Good ol Kevin AGP is making something for that..now my only and last problem is now the EGR valve.. some say you can still pass emissions and some say you cannot..I want to know who has gone to emissions yet with the Mani..or if there is any way i can hook up the EGR valve..I live in AZ if nobody notices..thanks peeps..:)

California wont pass emissions without it. i know they are very strict with that. Jihan you can definetly pass without it! They didnt ever check my EGR when I went. Also when i went with that guywho failed with the dump tube they passed him for an EGR as well. however if you got the blingin manifold on there Im sure they will be checking it out so Im not sure. Either way the emissions itself will not be affected, just the visual:thumb:

Yeah I asked Kevin (AGP) and he said the only thing you have to worry about is visual..If there are people even now what they are looking for..Every time he has gone to emissions..he had no problems at all..so I am not really worried about it any more..but its always nice to know..

I can rig up some fake hoses that look like they are EGR if you want. They aren't going to work or anything but the Visual is all the maters.

Kevin

Well yeah if you don't mind doing that...so for sure I can passs emissions and not deal with all this crap..also kevin where is this emissions place again that you take you cars to in Mesa..the address thanks..

have you ever been to florida? a good 95% + of the hot chicks here are either complete whores or are already dating some dude with more money that most people on this board will ever have. trust me, dont move to florida till youre ready to retire. till then, just visit :thumb:

OK well I did this...thanks to Kevin and his Ingeniuos idea..If the egr is not hooked up..I can still pass emissions..but for some reason I get a guy that know what he is looking for..I got a longer bolt and I mounted it under my Mani so it looks like its installed..and then i can pass visual....nice huh

Attachments

• dsc00139.jpg
    dsc00139.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 283
That's Billy Badass:)
Did you happen to take a pic of the MAP sensor bung?
Sometimes I impress even myself.

Kevin

Originally posted by Dannyboy1201
Wow cool. Kevin do you think you could do that to mine, let me know.

If your talking about the Map sensor Bung..yeah you will have to ask Kevin..but the EGR you just need to get a longer bolt and that its..to mount it..

Originally posted by Z1500

Did you happen to take a pic of the MAP sensor bung?

And yes I did here is the pic of my map sensor mounted to the Manifold..
I think I am safe to say this is the 1st map sensor mount on a Magnus Intake Mani...thanks to me being worried about emissions and Kevin (agpturbo) with his mad dope skillz to mount it...

Attachments

• dsc00133.jpg
    dsc00133.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 261
Originally posted by KRAZYKOREAN

If your talking about the Map sensor Bung..yeah you will have to ask Kevin..but the EGR you just need to get a longer bolt and that its..to mount it..

And yes I did here is the pic of my map sensor mounted to the Manifold..
I think I am safe to say this is the 1st map sensor mount on a Magnus Intake Mani...thanks to me being worried about emissions and Kevin (agpturbo) with his mad dope skillz to mount it...

Alright when i get my manifold in Ill try to catch you on AIM just incase i run into any problems.

As for the MAP sensor if you can hook me up w/ that Kevin that would be dope. PM me and let me know.

Originally posted by BoostinAWD
Looks good. So long before your car is runnin again jihan?
I wanna go for a spin in that beast :thumb:

Well actually I will be driving very slowly..or what you call the legal limit...damn thats sucky..cuz i will be getting my license back next month..woo hoo..about time..so I am going to be careful...yeah you ask why i did this whole new setup...well I have no idea...but it does look dope as hell...:thumb:

I have a pic of everything but the intercooler piping and BOV..just cuz it hasn't been made yet...did you still want to see it....but everything else is installed....turbo..AGP Kit..throtle body..etc etc

Oh yeah chance it should be running as soon as I get the IndyRaceCore and then kevin will make the piping..heres some pics woo hoo..

Attachments

• dsc00140.jpg
    dsc00140.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 209
oh drool OMG

That is badass! I'd show you mine but the camera no worky. It's just about ready to drop in. I just need the right socket to torque my arp's down and install the t-belt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back