The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink MAF or SD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srebos

Proven Member
Mar 2, 2022
New Era, Michigan
Quick question for ya'll, I'm running the stock maf on my 98 gs-t. My setup I'm running is stock evo 8 pistons, rods and 750cc injectors in a 7 bolt. Fp green turbo, greddy type s bov, ecm link ecu, tubular exhaust manifold and s90 throttle body. My question, would the stock maf be fine with this setup, or should I go speed density to handle all that's on it?

Disconnecting the power doesn't reset the ECU back to factory stock. ECMLink has some non-volatile memory they save setting into and you have to load the ECU with a file to get back to stock. The files are at http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3configs

You'll also need to reconfigure your AEM WB after the reset.
Do you know who's 750cc Injectors you have?

If you like you can post pictures of your ECU board and we'll look to see if there is anything visible.
I'll have to upload that then, thank you.

I was told that they were just evo 8 750cc injectors, the setup from previous ownership didn't make much sense to me as it seemed to be a jumbled mess. I bought an overpriced paperweight right off the bat and have just been trying to fix one thing after another.

I'll pull it back out and get a couple of pictures to for you guys either today or tomorrow.

I was told that they were just evo 8 750cc injectors

Might be 750cc injectors intended as an upgrade for an Evo 8 but there isn't an Evo 8 750cc injector. The Evo 8's had 560cc low impedance injectors that look like this. So you'll need to figure out exactly what you have for the right beginning corrections.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Might be 750cc injectors intended as an upgrade for an Evo 8 but there isn't an Evo 8 750cc injector. The Evo 8's had 560cc low impedance injectors that look like this. So you'll need to figure out exactly what you have for the right beginning corrections.

Looks like I was lied to on yet another part of it. Those look like my injectors, man does that piss me off.

Keep in mind too s90’s are known for being leaky right out of the box. Your set up has nothing to gain from running a throttle body that large so if you have a stock one as you mentioned now would be the time to install that and eliminate any potential bullshit from the s90.
Where would the two coolant lines at the bottom of the isc run to?

Last edited:
Where would the two vacuum lines at the bottom of the isc run to?

Those are coolant hoses that go to the water pipe/water neck - those warm up the FIAV, - Fast Idle Air Valve, which allows air past the throttle plate so you don't have to hold the throttle open on cold start - typically the FIAV gives you ~2000 rpm until the coolant temp gets above 140-160deg F - then the Idle should drop, eventually landing at your target RPM and controlled by the ISC (idle speed controller)

Those are coolant hoses that go to the water pipe/water neck - those warm up the FIAV, - Fast Idle Air Valve, which allows air past the throttle plate so you don't have to hold the throttle open on cold start - typically the FIAV gives you ~2000 rpm until the coolant temp gets above 140-160deg F - then the Idle should drop, eventually landing at your target RPM and controlled by the ISC (idle speed controller)
Thank you, I purchased the TB recently so have not had the stock FIAV on there and had no idea where they went.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back