The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Logging MAP sensor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endeffect0

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2006
Lancaster Area, Pennsylvania
I am curious if is possible to use the factory MAP sensor to monitor intake PSI and data log with it. Obviously it would have to be wired into the ecu on a free pin, but the question is really if the factory MAP is capable of being used to data log.

All respective vacuum solenoids and emissions junk has been removed and tossed so I am really just curious if I should bother trying to use the old MAP sensor or toss it in the bin.

Your car didn't come with a MAP sensor from the factory and if your confusing the sensor mounted on top of your IM as a MAP sensor then your mistaken, its an MDP sensor. The MDP sensor is used by the ECU to test the operation of the EGR valve so the answer is no, the factory MDP isn't capable of being used to data log boost/vacuum.

sorry if I rained on your parade but there is still hope for you, its possible to get an actual MAP sensor and thread it into the OEM location of the MDP sensor if of course you have a way to log it. Read through this tech article and it will tell you everything you need to know. ---> Wiring & Logging an AEM MAP sensor

:dsm:

You are correct I did mistake the stock MDP (Manifold Differential Pressure?) sensor for a MAP sensor.

I am running Dsm Link and very familiar with logging additional sensors. simple confusion on the use of that factory sensor. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back