The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MAP Sensor & SAFC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91 TSi GP

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
Austintown, Ohio
Ok so I had Dsmlink and have an AEM 3.5 bar map sensor. My question is now that I only have an Apexi SAFC do I have any use for the map sensor? If So how do I hook it up to the SAFC? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Years ago, before there were chips to compensate for larger injectors, there was a mod you could do to make the AFC behave a little better. Instead of connecting the TPS wire from the AFC to the TPS output, you connect it to the output pin of the MAP sensor instead. That way it makes corrections to the airflow based more on boost, instead of simply the rpm and where you have your foot on the gas. I'm not sure how well it would work with a 3.5 BAR though. You would have to play with the HIGH/LOW threshold settings.
Do you still have the larger injectors?

No use for it since you can't log it or run SD with it, If you DO have some way to log it it will be somewhat useful for tuning but other than that its useless. You can sell the sensor and pigtail if you want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back