The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Greddy fv2 BOV stock 1G GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuky_4g63T

Probationary Member
Feb 27, 2023
Nigran, Europe
Hello, I'm going to assemble the greddy fv2 valve model 2021 and I was curious to know your opinions and recommendations. Would it be necessary to recirculate it? Or it would be good to free the atmosphere. Thanks 😀
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hello, I'm going to assemble the greddy fv2 valve model 2021 and I was curious to know your opinions and recommendations. Would it be necessary to recirculate it? Or it would be good to free the atmosphere. Thanks 😀
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must recirculate if you have a mass air sensor.

Mass, as in density or amount of air, not massive. It's the sensor directly after the air intake filter, usually attached in one large plastic unit. It's the stock / original method of measuring how much air is entering the cylinders.
As Paul states, you need to recirculate. An unrecirculated BOV on mass air can cause all sorts of issues.

Thank you very much, would you solve the problem with an aluminum intake and a conical filter so that more air could enter? And after the council recirculate the bov

Would you solve the problem with an aluminum intake and a conical filter so that more air could enter?

That wouldn't make a difference. The issue is with the stock ECU software and the stock air metering system the BOV should be recirculated back into the intake in front of the turbo like it is ... "Stock"

If you want to run a BOV vented to atmosphere you need to measure the air after the BOV and the two most widely used ways to do that is with either a GM hotwire mass air sensor in the intake piping and something to translate it's output into something the ECU can handle of convert to a Speed Density system where the Air Mass is calculated from flow, temp, pressure and engine VE rather than measured directly.

Or you can install it and let the car run poorly.

Recirculate the bov as you tell me I don't have the standard admission so I wouldn't have the Maf sensor how could I solve it? Since I have the admission of the gs

Recirculate the bov as you tell me I don't have the standard admission so I wouldn't have the Maf sensor how could I solve it? Since I have the admission of the gs

If you don't have the original air filter and intake piping that goes in front of the turbo, how you you measure the air now?

Do you have a picture of the engine bay?

Not "admission", it's "transmission"

Transmission doesn't matter. I'm with steve, take a picture of the engine bay from above looking downward towards it so we can see the entire thing

I suspect this thread is being conducted via a online translator from Spanish to English given the OP is in Spain, so I'm not sure what the "standard admission" means but I'm assuming the pre-turbo intake piping.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back