The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Fuel pump question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKhaphora

Probationary Member
Nov 7, 2023
Houston, Texas
Is there anything needed to properly seal the connection shown In these photos? I don't know which way the plastic spacer is supposed to go because either way it doesn't seem like it's making a good seal

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is what I observed on the last pump I pulled:

fuel pump > grommet > O-ring > spacer > hanger

And, on the bottom of the pump, looks like you’re missing the pump seat / grommet that snugs it up to the housing.

Last edited:
If I may add one thing to this.....on the bottom of your hanger is the pump seat, as Brian refers to it as. It has a Phillips head screw holding it to the hanger. DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE IT WITH A SCREWDRIVER. IT WILL STRIP THE HEAD.
Grab a GOOD set of Vice-Grip pliers, grab around the edge of the screw head TIGHTLY, and just break the screw loose. From then on, you can use a Phillips screwdriver to install or remove it.
Just the stuff I have (and I am SURE others have) encountered.
It might keep you from saying bad words and throwing things. ROFL
BTW, @19Eclipse90 , how did you get yours off? Or did you leave it on? It looks like it's never been touched. :hmm::)

It was a pull from a junkyard. You’ll catch me in a lie if I said I remembered for sure. I don’t think I used vice grips, but I might have. One way or the other, I got it out.

Definitely had to use vice grips on the pump outlet fitting on the top of the housing - nothing unusual there (as we all know).

Is there anything needed to properly seal the connection shown In these photos? I don't know which way the plastic spacer is supposed to go because either way it doesn't seem like it's making a good seal

Doesn't look to me like either end is very clean and smooth. The pick up pipe looks corroded and the o-ring looks dry and dirty.

I like to use the evo fuel pump grommet on the pump installs. you can find them on site vendors like extreme psi and others for less than $5

it fits on the barb of the fuel pump and slides into the fuel pump hanger neck better than the o ring and plastic grommet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back