The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel pump issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony818

Proven Member
Jul 15, 2015
Denver, Colorado
My fellow DSMers, Im hoping one of you guys could shed some light as to what is going on.
As you can see in the video, my fpr seems to go crazy as soon as the pressure reaches 43 psi. This is my first fpr install so idk what to expect.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I am using ecmlink to run the fuel pump in case anyone was wondering.

I actually don't know the reaction but I know liquid filled fauges are common in this application to keep a needle steady. Does it do this at other pressures as it settles in?

I actually don't know the reaction but I know liquid filled fauges are common in this application to keep a needle steady. Does it do this at other pressures as it settles in?
It only happens as soon as it touches 43. Anything else before that it's good

What about more?
Have not tried it yet. I will tomorrow when I'm home. I'm kinda inclined to think that maybe my fuel pump cant handle the pressure 🤔 (or maybe it's just me making up excuses to buy a bigger pump LOL)

If it can't handle 43 what's it going to do with boost? If you made no other changes I doubt its any issue with a pump

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back