The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fastest Time with JRC FMIC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
North Vernon, Indiana
I am using one of the cheap ebay FMIC cores. So far its working great for me. I am curious to what the fastest time on this core is. The core is the Johnny Race Car brand. I am looking to hit low 12's and hopefully high 11's on this core with my EVO 16g. I have currently run a 12.60 with a decent 60', crappy shifting, and very little tuning so I know there is more left in this setup, but I want to know what you guys are running.

Please only post if you are faster than my time or else it is irrelevant to me.
Thanks

Not sure if JRC and JR use the same cores but they look quite simlliar and I went 111mph with my JR core,Evo 3 16g and pump gas...

Pump gas? Were you using water injection or anything?

What was your ET?

And good job on the mph.

No water Injection or anything, just 20psi and the bone stock motor...

ET was 12.9, I was experimenting with my launches and slipped the clutch too much.

Great little turbo I'm sure it had 114-115mph in it with a few more pounds and some cams.

I have the same turbo. I ran mine at 22 psi/ racegas/ cams and a 6bolt engine. I pulled a 1.8 60' and only managed 108mph. I do need to tune some more, and shift better.

You must have really slipped the clutch a lot. Is your 12.5 on the 16g as well?

My sig time was using a Johnny Racecar core. The FMIC kit was Jim Ross on eBay but I wrecked the core and got a new one from Johnny. Pumpgas, T28, etc... :thumb:

12.2 @ 109mph is some good driving :thumb:
What kind of 60' time?

I just ran a 12.48 @ 108 mph, so thats a new best for me. I hope to see 11's by next year.

Im gonna be scanning the timeslip soon.

Either that or running something faster as soon as I throw on a flywheel, intake manifold, and some bigger injectors.. Hoping for mid 11s by the end of summer :) :) :)

So far consistent high 11's with consistent 119-118 traps. More to come ! :cool:

Just an update.

I just ran a new best of 12.14 at 114.82 mph. I know I have some drving left to do and I will be in the 11's before long with that mph. So far this cheap core is doing good. It will be interesting to get as fast as I can and then switch to a nice bar and plate design to see if I pick up any speed or ET.

Stoner said:
Just an update.

I just ran a new best of 12.14 at 114.82 mph. I know I have some drving left to do and I will be in the 11's before long with that mph. So far this cheap core is doing good. It will be interesting to get as fast as I can and then switch to a nice bar and plate design to see if I pick up any speed or ET.

Very Impressive.

Just to keep the data going on this topic I just ran a new best of 11.97 @ 117.73mph. And as far as I can tell the Intercooler is in no way hurting me right now. With that mph I should be able to get into the mid 11's with better tires and driving.

Long live the cheap FMIC option. :thumb:

Still on the EVO3 Big 16g, 28 psi and C16 gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back