The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fastest time for 13g auto ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AL92

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2003
regina, SK_Canada
May try to set /break this record for something to do shortly.
Car is 91 talon awd,lightened down. Took out back bumper, front bumper is jm fab .
sway bars gone, no back seats ,corbeau race seat,no wipers, no air,cruise, abs,no spare tire, jack no paneles behind the front doors. Downpipe no cat or catback.
jm fab fuel tank, FFWD fuel system, 1150s obviously plan on bigger turbo than the 13g..Dsmlink for tuning. Will be using two step off the line. Stock suspension, stock engine.Might have new fmic on there or might be on sidemount for awhile still.

Would try to run the 13g full out ,don't care if blow it up . have aem boost controller or manual one can use but would think just unhook line to gate?

So will I get a 14 second 1/4 out of this 13g? Any guesses. I know the 13g is pretty useless just doing it mostly as a joke.

I could definitely see 14s out of this turbo. No idea what the record is but my buddy's best is 15.1 on a full-weight fwd with no mods except a boost controller. It's an auto btw.

Hmm wonder how many psi he did the 15.1 at .I would think my lightened awd is about same as fwd now. Also if he was stock except for boost controller my 3 inch open downpipe might help some too.And of course being able to launch under more boost with the two step. lean it down some as well or add a bit of timing here and there.

Of course won't be keeping the 13g on there more than a couple of track trips. Local tracks are fairly far away so doubt will run the car more than about four or five trips this year.Some are 1/4 and some are 1/8 mile. I prefer 1/4 of course.

After the few runs on the 13g have 14b lying around and have FP3065 can use as well from my dead in garage 97 talon. And evo big 16s or that other modded fp 16g is pretty reasonable as well so lots of choices when want to go faster. But that 13g is kinda cute! LOL And its on there now so may as well kick the can a few times with it on there. Shame that can't use my incar timing device like a gtech to test it off track first and to tune .But this car is trailer only not street legal at all not even with permits.

Hmm, i have a fully setup dsm in the driveway, and a 13g on the shelf. Maybe i can get myself into the recordbooks.....................

Wells go.LOL

He says throwing down the guaunlet..:tease:
Seriously that 13g looks like it would make a decent turbo..on a go cart !

The 13g chokes at around 26 lb/min, which is about 260 w.h.p. ideally, though considering the turbine section I'd say it's more like 260 crank h.p. My calculator says its good for around 13.5 at 100 mph, or better depending on vehicle weight. I know I'm stating the obvious, but I'd seriously port the hell out of the manifold collector and turbine inlet as this is a massive bottle neck on this particular turbo.

I'd love to go for the record, too bad I upgraded my compressor wheel to a Super55 wheel & clipped the turbine wheel 15*. Fun little turbo though.

Yeah not into changing much on the 13g in terms of exhaust manifold or the turbo itself. Fact not going to try all season just thought run once or two days with it. Like said would take line right off it dies it dies.

I would think my car is pretty light now. The rollbar is also not installed yet that will bring it up a bit again.But am also getting some light wheels and think going to manual steering rack and have a few other things to maybe drop a bit more weight. Course big intercooler adds some back so guess its all a bit of plug and minus.
250 pound me don't help much either.

Ok so guess run a few at lower boost first but it may creep really bad as have only 3 inch downpipe no cat or catback??

Maybe should say screw it and put on my FP3065 from my 97 for awhile and run that at mabye 15 to 20psi since motor is stock ,stock head bolts and stock head gasket. Swapping in the forged motor this year or next anyway just trying to have some fun now.But those 13gs do sound delicate when you try to boost them up.

I know, not an AUTO but, with my full weight 92 gsx 5speed, I ran a TD04HL 13g to a 13.18 @ 103.9mph with a 8.433 1/8th @ 82.17mph, with a 1.81 60ft time.

The engine was just a 2g piston 1g rod 6bolt combo. DSMLink, E85, Full 3" TBE, FMIC, header, o2 dump, and 20psi falling to 14 at 6k.

I believe it could have had a 12 sec pass in it though. I cranked the boost controller down some more and was getting a 25psi spike but blew a boost pipe before the 1/8th. 60ft was 1.73 and 1/8th time was 8.428 @ 71.1mph.

For reliability, this turbo was great the entire time I had it. Loved the quick spool and suprized alot of people. The only problem I had with it was that it burned a little bit oil the entire time. Never worsened but is never a good thing.

I'm gonna chime in and say I got a 500 dollar parts car into the 14.4s a while back. This was with ECMLink on speed density, 1600cc injectors, and E85. Thats it, the stock exhaust was bolted on, the stock intercooler was there, the wastegate was disconnected and it would spike to 19psi, then drop off around 5k to 14 psi. It was a fun auto car thats for sure!

I've got this turbo on my 5-speed now. The p.o. bought it because it was cheap and he needed a turbo. The car feels like a turd to me compared to the 14b. I was thinking of going all out with the 13g, but I'm going to upgrade in the near future.

I'm a firm believer in use a boost controller and set boost to a proper level. I think the spike kills the full potential of what the turbo has to offer and creates too much heat to realize it, but, that's me. I remember the T25 guys pulling the wastegate line, and I know it makes power, but only for that instant.

The 13g chokes at around 26 lb/min, which is about 260 w.h.p. ideally, though considering the turbine section I'd say it's more like 260 crank h.p. My calculator says its good for around 13.5 at 100 mph, or better depending on vehicle weight. I know I'm stating the obvious, but I'd seriously port the hell out of the manifold collector and turbine inlet as this is a massive bottle neck on this particular turbo.

I'd love to go for the record, too bad I upgraded my compressor wheel to a Super55 wheel & clipped the turbine wheel 15*. Fun little turbo though.

if i mayask... ive search and havent found anything... what is bottle neck...????

if i mayask... ive search and havent found anything... what is bottle neck...????

A bottle neck is where flow is lacking. Its what is keeping something from it's full potential. People port their manifolds and O2 housings and get bigger exhausts to relieve these "bottle necks" in order to flow more. Go look at a coke bottle and you will see as it gets closer to the top or where the cap is it gets much smaller then the rest of the bottle.

Hey boys, I might give that 13.1 a run for it's money. Check out my profile, it has the list of mods. I had this same exact idea when a buddy of mine sold me his automatic 91 gst for 400 bucks. Got all the parts on hand, just got to get a few tools to get the job done. Hoping to have her running by the end of next weekend, but the economy keeps moving my finish date. I'll def try to get it to the track asap when it's finished.

I know, not an AUTO but, with my full weight 92 gsx 5speed, I ran a TD04HL 13g to a 13.18 @ 103.9mph with a 8.433 1/8th @ 82.17mph, with a 1.81 60ft time.

The engine was just a 2g piston 1g rod 6bolt combo. DSMLink, E85, Full 3" TBE, FMIC, header, o2 dump, and 20psi falling to 14 at 6k.

I believe it could have had a 12 sec pass in it though. I cranked the boost controller down some more and was getting a 25psi spike but blew a boost pipe before the 1/8th. 60ft was 1.73 and 1/8th time was 8.428 @ 71.1mph.

For reliability, this turbo was great the entire time I had it. Loved the quick spool and suprized alot of people. The only problem I had with it was that it burned a little bit oil the entire time. Never worsened but is never a good thing.

May I ask what cams you were running with this setup?

Early WRXs have a 13g stock turbo, the quickest one I know of is like 12.7ish. Surely some DSMer out there can beat that! :D
Kind of bringing up an old thread, but the subbies has a 13T turbo. Compressor flows almost what a 14b does but still is TD04 based. The turbine is also a TD04HL and the 13g run just a TD04L

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back