The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94Jettameowpsst

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Me and my buddy just rebuilt the motor in his 91 talon tsi. Heres the question: I just looked on vfaq and apparantly when putting hks cams in ur car the timing marks are supposed to be at 12:00. Well, in the Hanes manual it says the timing marks on the cams are supposed to be facing each other like so >< on every sixth rotation or so of the cam gear. Well, according to what we did, its in time but im kinda confused and worried now for him that his timing is actually out?? HELP! OMG dont really wanna break anything. :dsm:

The VFAQ is referring to the cam dowel pins not the timing marks cut into the gears themselves. When the dowel pins are at 12:00, the timing marks should line up correctly. If your timing marks were lined up you should be fine.
Aloha

5150DSM said:
The VFAQ is referring to the cam dowel pins not the timing marks cut into the gears themselves. When the dowel pins are at 12:00, the timing marks should line up correctly. If your timing marks were lined up you should be fine.
Aloha
correct

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back