The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

engine rebuild/

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattspyder

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2004
del taco, Wisconsin
im looking to rebuild or buy a new engine. i have the stock 7 bolt right now. which would be the best way to rebuild it? im thinking about takeing it to RRE's. there about an hour away from me. does anyone have any suggestions on which parts i should get.
thanks

You could do that or buy all that stuff that's listed there and save about a grand. I got used eagle rods off a friend along w/ a block, 2.0 crank, and all arp hardware for 400 and bought new wiseco pistons for 450. Got si valves for 160 and crower springs and retainers for 220, A cometic headgasket and arp headstuds run about 200 for both new. The real question you gotta ask youself is if you wanna do the 7 bolt build up or swap to a 6 bolt. The 6 bolt will obviously be more money and more time consuming as you will have to buy a bunch of random things. So far for machining and parts i'm a little over 3k for everything needed to swap to a 6 bolt. If you can do the work youself you will save some money in labor.

It is probably time for a 6 bolt 2.0, 2.3 or even 2.4. One way or the other it probably isn’t a bad idea to talk to RRE since they are close to you and certainly know a thing or two about these engines.
Leave the parts buy till after you decided which way you are going and ask the guys doing the engine what parts and if they can supply the parts needed. You will save some money that way and a whole lot of time for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back