The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Acc 12v pwr supplied to mfi relay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitz_86

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2002
savannah, Georgia
Does the Ecu provide the 12v to the mfi relay to kick on power to pin 38? I'm havin weird problem I'm only gettin .75v at the power for all my 12v sensors under the hood, maf cas fuel inj resistor plug o2 plug. I'm stumped

The ECU doesn't provide power (voltage) to the MPI relay. It completes the circuit for the MPI relay coil by switching one side to the ground causing current to flow.

On a 2G Turbo (with a single MPI relay) ECU pin 38 (blue/green) is the one that pulls MPI relay coil pin 6 to ground. The other side of that coil is pin 8 (red/black) which is connected to the 20A fusible link #4 for the MFI system. When ECU pin 38 is floating the voltage on the pin should be battery voltage and the relay off. When the pin is pulled low, the voltage should be close to 0 volts, current should be slowing in the relay coil and the relay active causing battery voltage to be switched from MPI Relay pin 4 to MPI relay pin 2 and 3 (red). Pin 2 goes the bulk of the engine sensors and solenoids and pin 3 to the MAF and ECU.

The ECU gets power to do this from the backup power connection on pin 80 (red/blue) which comes from dedicated fuse #11 which in turns comes from Fusible Link #2.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back