The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1g fwd alignment goes off after hard pull help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g Cris

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2018
Woodstock, Illinois
I got a 1g fwd where the alignment goes off after doing a hard pull. If I brake hard the alignment will go back in place. I’ve replaced every front end suspension part. Got rid of the ndd rack.. I’m not sure if it’s in the steering column or the front end itself. Never had this issue when the car was stock. Need help

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It could be torque steer but
Have you raised it and checked side/side and up/down play by moving the wheel?
Have you visually inspected the suspension? Balljoints, bushings, control arms.
Rotated tires?
We need a base to start and pics help.
Yes I have swapped wheels and it still does it. The only thing I haven’t inspected are the ball joints. It did this while having the ndd rack on. I swapped everything back to stock.

Ever since I had the subframe out things haven’t been the same. I can take pictures and a video if that helps. It doesn’t always do it but when I hit boost in 3rd the alignment does change and like I said if I brake hard it goes back in place.

I’m gonna double check those lower control arms bolts cause I do remember one bolt breaking when I swapped them out years ago. I will get pics and stuff soon. Thanks for reply

Checked everything front and rear?
You said you replaced everything but haven’t checked the balljoints which come in control arms.
We’re going to need some pics front and rear and possibly a video doing a pull safely.
Yeah the lower control arms are only 5 years old and the ride is smooth when cruising. I’ll get the picture and video later if it doesn’t rain. I did get the subframe powder coated years ago.

I got a 1g fwd where the alignment goes off after doing a hard pull. If I brake hard the alignment will go back in place.
Sounds like worn ball joint to me.

First do an unweighted wheel test from outside:

If no issues there put the car on jack stands, crawl under, and try using crowbar prying lower control arms back and forth against knuckle to look for movement in the bar joints. Also have someone move the wheel hard left/right and in/out while you watch all the ball joints for improper movement.

Last edited:
When I did the bushings on the front I found that the rear pin was rotted out like the ones in this thread. (Mine weren't quite this bad but they were loose and rusty)

downsized_0801111605-jpg.448902

I actually changed the bushing first and had issues much like you're describing and went back and replaced the LCAs on both sides so that the bushings fit correctly and that fixed the suspension moving under load.

I’ve replaced every front end suspension part.

This is why I didn't mention it earlier. The LCA's are front end suspension parts.
Have you checked/replaced them?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back