The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Car Feels Unstable after Alignment....help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockSolidGST

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2005
Boston, Massachusetts
Alright So i go an get my car Aligned. ( its lowerd ) I have Camber kits in the rear , Front is ok without them , but i have them.....Its Aligned to factory Specs... Take the car for a ride.... Straight as can be.

So i figure , awsome everythings all set.

Then i get on the highway the next day..kinda in a rush.... going like 85 , Go to switch lanes.... WOAH :notgood: Car feels like its on a cloud... or a 1990 Lincoln town car ( Not that extreme but you get my point )

It feels less responsive then before i lowerd the car. What could be causing this.

the steering wheel has play in the wheel on the highway , Where it never did before

Its almost as if possibly the speed sensitive power steering ... is not shutting off?

I cant explain the exact feeling but hopefully you get my point

Car just feels like its going to loose control going 90mph , When after i lowerd it i took it up to 120 and it felt like i was going 60.

Any ideas from the Suspension gurus?

might want to edit out the 120 part. street racing and other illegal stuff is against the rules. since you just got it aligned i would take it back and complain. maybe they didnt tighten something back down enough and its shifted out of spec

Do you have your before/after alignment readings?

If you have slack in your steering, we can't tell what is causing it without seeing your car.

Let me guess: they set the front to exactly zero toe (which is the center of the spec range).

- Jtoby

Yes i believe the Toe was set to 0 , thats what i thought might be the problem. What do you suggest the toe be set to? -.04-.06

2nd , The 120mph was on a Airplane strip =) , Dont worry i dont drive irrisposibly.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Street car: a touch of toe-in. Autocross: as much toe-out as your tires can take.

Alternatively: stiffer bushings.

- Jtoby

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back