The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 style oil cooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunch_Box

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2003
Sherwood Park, Alberta_Canada
I am going with an external oil cooler in my car and I was wondering on the 90 style filter housing which hole (closer to the block or closer to the rad)would feed the oil cooler and which one would have the cooler oil return through it. The reason I ask is I have my oil cooler set up with one fiting on the bottom and one on the top and I would like to fill the oil cooler from the bottom to the top.

Here is a pic of how the oil cooler is set up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The outlet closest to the radiator pushes the oil through the cooler and the other inlet is the return side...

Greg Collier said:
The outlet closest to the radiator pushes the oil through the cooler and the other inlet is the return side...

Thank you very much Greg the info is greatly appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back