The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Part number for 1990 Style oil filter housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insanewayne

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2004
Ladysmith, B.C._Canada
I can't believe this. I've searched for hours on here and Talk and cannot find the part number for the oil filter housing with the external cooler ports for a 6 bolt, from a 1990. I know MachV sells them and other places but I want to get it locally cause I'm in Canada, and when trying to find it through the dealer all he could pull up was some $645 part. :barf:

Thanks!

I can't believe this. I've searched for hours on here and Talk and cannot find the part number for the oil filter housing with the external cooler ports for a 6 bolt, from a 1990. I know MachV sells them and other places but I want to get it locally cause I'm in Canada, and when trying to find it through the dealer all he could pull up was some $645 part. :barf:

Thanks!

That $645 part might be what it costs (OEM) from a dealer :p

I get wholesale pricing, and if they're $75 USD from the speed shops, I don't see how it can be a $600 part.

Are those $75 parts from the speed shops OEM parts? I am running the one from MachV, and it works great, but it didn't strike me as an OEM part. Of course, I could be wrong on that.

I was wondering that myself, so you don't think it is eh?

Hmmm.

Well, it is a purely subjective opinion. I looked at the new one from MachV, and compared it to my OEM oil filter housing. The MachV one had a much larger grain structure to the material, and I honestly felt I had to be extra careful when tightening it down so as not to crack it. Like I said, it works fine, but it didn't strike me as being OEM quality. I could be wrong, though.

Ok, thanks a lot man.

Anyone with a part number?

Pulled this from CAPS. Not sure if pic is too big, if so can mod's please edit?

Attachments

• filter_housing.jpg
    filter_housing.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 281
Oooh sweet, but I can't tell what's pointing to the housing from the pic? Any help?

Are those numbers superseded by MD ? And is it a 1990? I can't tell from the pic.

OOH, now I see the 04102A pointing to the box, my bad.

Oooh sweet, but I can't tell what's pointing to the housing from the pic? Any help?

Are those numbers superseded by MD ? And is it a 1990? I can't tell from the pic.

OOH, now I see the 04102A pointing to the box, my bad.

I forgot to give you the Part Number, those numbers are just the look-up numbers for CAPS. The filter housing for a 90 is MD199775.Those numbers are pulled from CAPS, which is Mitsu's Computerized Automatic Parts Search System (CAPS).

OK. Got it worked out. that pic show reference number, apperently you click on those and it give you the actual part number. I don't have caps so I don't know. Either way I managed to figure it out on the phone with that number.

The part number for the 1990 oil filter housing is - MD132912 - $120 CAD, !105 for me, sound a lil better :p.

Thanks guys!

I posted this as you were posting perlev, strange how we got different part numbers?

EDIT AGAIN: Ok so I'm a dumbass and entered the wrong VIN. Entered mine (1990) and came up with MD132912, which is the part# you got from your dealer. I used a VIN off ebay to get the part#, but that was a '92 (wasn't thinking). Had to drive over to the shop and look at my VIN and came up with that. }
Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• filter_housing2.jpg
    filter_housing2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 271
  • filter_housing.jpg
    filter_housing.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 267
Perlev, thank you SO much for taking the time to do that, need more guys like you out there.

And Luke, thank you very much as well for that VERY useful bit of information. Good to know.

Cheers ,

Perlev, thank you SO much for taking the time to do that, need more guys like you out there.

And Luke, thank you very much as well for that VERY useful bit of information. Good to know.

Cheers ,

No Problem.:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back