The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

quick oil cooler question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxitement

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
I'm installing an aftermarket oil cooler. My question is, at what point do you do the oil thermostat. Should you install one any time you upgrade to an aftermarket one? Or do you install one if you go to a big oil cooler. I'm running a 30 row oil cooler. Should I install one? Thanks.

It is usually recommended if you use any type of cooler, and your car sees under 50* often.

If you don't run one you oil will remain cold much longer than normal, and there are down side to that as well, especially in New York where you've seen 0 a few times this year.

Factory 1990 oil filter housings have a oil thermostat built in, as do any quality sandwich plate adapters FYI

LOL...thanks guys. Yeah the cars really only gonna see track duty on some road course events around. Not really gonna see street duty ever again...thank god cause the potholes up here are tragic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back