The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

palm pilot software

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMCD datalogger software:

http://mmcd.meditprofi.ru/

Still need the cable and palm pilot though :rolleyes:

Heres a guy who is selling cables and software w/ instructions for $25 right now. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77657

Im kind of in the same boat. I just bought a good Palm M105 for $35, and the cable/software is $25 (until tomorrow!!!). MMCD is a pretty good logger for the $$$, and for only $60 you can have a good datalogger setup. But read up on that page where the MMCD software is, it tells you that:

IF you plug in the datalogger cable to the car then the ABS diagnostic light will go on

Im not sure if it disables ABS, but it does turn on the ABS light. Heres a page that has a program to convert your logs to excel files:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=98203&package_id=105181

just to get this clear it was me who posted this question. i was over at 92tsifwd's house when i did it, thats why its in his name.

thanks for the reply, i have a palm, and i am looking for a cable for a 2nd gen and a 1st gen, but i am having a hard time finding a home made 2g one for cheap any tips??

Hey Tyler, I finally got my car running right. I no longer need the boost controller. My boost controller was acting funny but i took it apart, put it back together and now it miraculously started working. Car pulls like a mofo at 19 psi.

[email protected]

mike please start your own account i have people private messaging me all the time and i don't know why, just pm me your new account

thanks a million for getting me the software

please tell me your e-mail adress so i know who it came from

also does anyone know where to get a cheap cable

DSMKevan said:
IF you plug in the datalogger cable to the car then the ABS diagnostic light will go on

Im not sure if it disables ABS, but it does turn on the ABS light. Heres a page that has a program to convert your logs to excel files:

It will disable the ABS. This is pulled from the PocketLogger website:

"The cable for PocketLOGGER for DSM's has a side effect in that when it is plugged in, the ABS is disabled. This is due to the fact that the diagnostic pin for the ABS computer is tied to the ECU's diagnostic pin. It is impossible to put one in diagnostic mode without putting the other one into diagnostic mode as well. This is not an issue with 91 GVR-4s."

I'm sure it applies to any datalogger, no matter what software/cable you use. :talon:

Seems that Palm 'n Stein is down can anyone email me the software and the player. Thanks

Is anyone using the M505?? I am using it with palmnstein and it wont log while im driving, only when idling. When I start moving and gaining rpms it locks up. I can't download the latest OS for it because its not compatible with windows xp.

DallasN2O said:
Is anyone using the M505?? I am using it with palmnstein and it wont log while im driving, only when idling. When I start moving and gaining rpms it locks up. I can't download the latest OS for it because its not compatible with windows xp.

Mine used to do this, i found that the connector at the logger was loose, anytime i move the logger even slightly it would lock up. It turned out that the 4 screws holding the logger together was loose, and so the circuit board that makes contact with the connector pins had poor contact. You may have the same problem... :)

There are some cables that do not disable the ABS, I got mine off ebay for $25.

After searching, I'm a bit confused. 2g guys have to get the $86ish cable right? Is there a cheaper option?

Thanks!

The interfaces are used because they translate the information from our ECU to the logger. The OBD II is quite a bit more andvanced then the OBD I and therefore it has to be translated with a small processor which is the interface. They also stop power surges!!

Most interfaces also come with an option of some software for a little more money or free, but they are well worth it.

dub2gsx said:
The interfaces are used because they translate the information from our ECU to the logger. The OBD II is quite a bit more andvanced then the OBD I and therefore it has to be translated with a small processor which is the interface. They also stop power surges!!

Most interfaces also come with an option of some software for a little more money or free, but they are well worth it.
That is the $86 one right? Can you link me?

Thanks!

http://www.scantool.net/products/elmscan_iso.htm

The cheaper one only dosen't have the box you could always make your own box!
What logger do you have? If you have a newer one you may need a hot sync cable too!
The m100 has a serial and is fine.
The software is used for a desktop or laptop. But you can use OBD Gauge or tune-r-stein for free with the logger just download them off of tuners.

MMCD doesn't work for the 2g and make sure you call scantool and find out what type of interface you need to use with your vehicle.

I actually plan on using my laptop to log or some cheapo Palm. Don't you need the OBDII specs to make the box?

Thanks!

I was was just saying you can make the case for the one that is cheaper!!:thumb:

But I am pretty sure you have to call them and clarrify what type of interface you will need.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back