The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FIRST DSM STREET BUILD!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well got it running, worst part i have to take it apart again. if everything was right from spark fuel air then it had to be the timing or tables so i did both, i reset the timing i zero’d everything out on ecmlink and regapped the spark plugs, and bam it started, now i havnt gotten any real starts besides this one so no pressure was ever in any of the systems, so filled the coolant couples leaks off the turbo, got those figured out, then the oil leaks an fittings just needed tighting, but something was coming from behind the exhaust manifold down, so i followed it up and low and behold coming out of the exhaust cam seal 🥲🙃 just when i thought i had everything figured out. i did grab pictures of the live feed too. the air fuel ratio on ecmlink says 14.7 but my gauge goes from 20.09 to like 15,16s

IMG_2579.jpeg

IMG_2585.png

At idle your timing shouldn’t be zero. I still think you should upload factory settings and start there.

-Daniel
i tried uploading the factory settings it wouldn’t convert to the ecu because there 3.18 and 3.19 my ecu says 3.20

well made sure every map was for a stock car
fuel injectors set right for my 660 injectors with a deadtime of 180 per ecmlinks website
i have been trying to get my AEM series x wideband to work correctly too. the “afrratio” moves but the “aem wideband” is stuck and doesnt go up or down? i am still using the factory front 02 sensor.
rpm set at 800 in ecmlink
throttle seems to be working fine 0.63v at idle
heres a screenshot from my log, while it was idling
i tried to add every captured value i seen others have if i missed any lmk thanks this is all new to me.
i had to stop as im leaking oil from the turbo i believe so couldn’t really get it to operating temp for to long.

IMG_2728.jpeg

IMG_2727.jpeg

Yes! - like that. Closed loop happens when Throttle position switch is closed, and engine running, and narrow band o2 is cycling up and down. There is a moment in the log when the ECU indicates closed loop, and then it stops. Not sure why.

Additionally; Please check that you have the MAP sensor configured in this screen:
Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 2.25.56 PM.png

Notice, there is no MAP sensor here.

I see you have Idle Air Clamp enabled. Is that for a reason?
Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 2.37.29 PM.png

Yes! - like that. Closed loop happens when Throttle position switch is closed, and engine running, and narrow band o2 is cycling up and down. There is a moment in the log when the ECU indicates closed loop, and then it stops. Not sure why.

Additionally; Please check that you have the MAP sensor configured in this screen:
View attachment 720692

Notice, there is no MAP sensor here.

I see you have Idle Air Clamp enabled. Is that for a reason?
View attachment 720693
okay ill check on the map! and no i dont know what that does, it must have been from the previous owner. should i disable it? im trying to get my car to run “stock” so lmk thanks!

heres the oil leak, im pretty sure im pretty sure im not supposed to be leaking oil thru my down pipe?

new new 🤟🏼 unfortunately its the ebay special til i can get my built turbo done with justin. didnt want to risk any more issues with the other turbo, if i did rebuild it, the bolt holes for mounting and the 02 housing were all f***ed up anyways, so ill just buy new so hopefully it doesnt have any problems also finally got ahold of a new turbo oil drain all AN shouldnt leak a drop now to just get it all installed tomorrow and hopefully we can run her without oil leaks 🤟🏼

IMG_2804.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

got it installed today didn’t realize the exhaust side of the turbo wasnt stock so i had to swap the one from the turbo i had on there. also the oil drains finally looking better, hopefully shes up and running later today 🤟🏼

D7607045-70E1-41D9-8CA2-D1F4AF74C5C7.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

IMG_2831.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

got everything back together, went to start it, started died in a few seconds, verified everything was connected, tried again nothing. activate fuel pump gauge is zero weird. pumps already hard wired i can hear it running, verified there were no leaks no drips any where everything is dry, lines injectors all dry, take the line off at the rail, turned pump on fuel is present seems low pressure but present, verified i still have spark obviously fuel is an issue but wanted to rule anything else out, i think the stock pump is taking a shit, i have confirmed my aem340 works so ill be putting that back in and see if i get proper pressure.

IMG_2831.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

If the pump runs, but there is no pressure, look at the O-ring seal between the pump and the pump hanger. I use the AEM340 with a stock hanger, but I needed to make a couple of modifications to keep the o-ring in place.

Last edited:
If the pump runs, but there is no pressure, look at the O-ring seal between the pump and the pump hanger. I use the AEM340 with a stock hanger, but I needed to make a couple of modifications to keep the o-ring in place.
will do!

I just read this whole thread and now I'm rooting for you man. You're so close!

Some people have touched on the oil drain. edit: I looked at the photo again and it looks like you fixed it with the new drain kit!

You're crushing this build. Keep up the great work man.

Last edited:
I just read this whole thread and now I'm rooting for you man. You're so close!

Some people have touched on the oil drain. edit: I looked at the photo again and it looks like you fixed it with the new drain kit!

You're crushing this build. Keep up the great work man.
hell yeah man its come a long way 🤟🏼 hopefully today i can get it moving around idling on its own

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back