The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

6 bolt or 7bolt

Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donv

Probationary Member
Jun 11, 2021
Parkville, Missouri
I’m looking at a 2g gsx but the seller mentioned it was 6bolt swapped. Before I get asked why not keep the 6bolt and sell the 7bolt? I have a heavily modified 7bolt😂 I put a ton of money into it. So my question how easy is it to go from 6bolt engine to 7bolt?

It would be easier than going from a 7 bolt to a 6 bolt, it depends on exactly how he did the swap, if its a 95'-96' ecu, it would have required a 1g style of cam sensor input, if its running a 97'-99' style ecu then it could have used a 2g stock sensor in the head and would be easier, other than that it just needed some modification of the drivers side motor mount to install the 6 bolt, easily undone with a stock mount.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back