The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marino2g

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2023
Mostar, Europe
Can you help me diagnose this knocking noise I put new parts all over the engine but did not touch the blok. It is a 6 bolt engine. The noise apears only above 2500-3000 rpm and I do not have any trouble reving up the engine. Engine check light is off. I am thinking maybe it is the balance shaft because I left both of them in there. The oil pressure goes up with rpms like it should and the compression is good. My fuel return regulator needs replacing because it is stuck shut so maybe it is a misfire from too much fuel? Help is much apreciated!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

A better video would make it easier to give advice on the sound, and a longer video at that with some idle time also.
Will do soon as I change the fpr because I had a spare one and swaped them and turns out the other one is stuck open so it isn't getting enough fuel and shuts down without a little bit of throttle.

A better video would make it easier to give advice on the sound, and a longer video at that with some idle time also.
Thanks man for the help. I found the issue I had a spun bearing on number 3. It spun a whole 90 degrees. Thankfully I caught it early and the crank wasn't damaged just needed a light polish.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back