The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enriquez2000

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2014
fort collins, Colorado
It sits on the firewall normally... is it important?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its blue- black- red/black- big black

If its the defogger relay I should be able to do without it if this is no longer a daily.

Is the capacitor necessary? Its still there obviously. I assume it could cause ecm interference if its not maybe?

If this isnt a daily or a race car then correct you can eliminate the rear defogger relay. As for the capacitor, it helps reduce electrical noise that can interfere with your radio and even the tach / potentially other sensitive electronics. The car will run without it, but up to you if you want to eliminate it or not. I plan on keeping mine when I redo my harness this winter.

If this isnt a daily or a race car then correct you can eliminate the rear defogger relay. As for the capacitor, it helps reduce electrical noise that can interfere with your radio and even the tach / potentially other sensitive electronics. The car will run without it, but up to you if you want to eliminate it or not. I plan on keeping mine when I redo my harness this winter.
Im keeping the capacitor but no need for relay.. ill keep the plug if i ever change my mind

I know that there is quite a bit of current flowing into that heating element on the rear window. It must spike like a monster when they switch is off for there to be two caps to suck it up.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back